• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
I used to think I have no regrets - but I have a few. I used to be very shy, and never really took advantage of the myriad opportunities open to me at university, until a lot later. However, my biggest regret, is saying no to a PhD position, on graduation day. It was offered to me by one of the tutors, and would have been looking at communication science, pragmatics, that kind of thing. Apparently, my dissertation impressed and I was one of the top bods in the class for research methodologies. The fact is, on that day, I was hungover (I went to the graduate ball the day before my graduation - long story), and bored of academia. Now it's the other way round - I'm bored of business and want to get out. I know it's never too late, but it's one regret that I didn't grasp the nettle at the time. Who knows where I could be now?

So, what's your biggest, non-SUFC, non-concert regret?

I don't have regrets .. everything that happens happens for a reason good or bad and i'll just lock it away in the old memory banks ready for when needed

I have never been a "naturally" gifted footballer but i worked hard and at 15 got a chance to go for a trial at Brighton. After being there for my first day i came home and went to watch Sotuhend play with my Dad, and i told him i wouldnt be going back to complete the 3 days. He encouraged me to go back and that evening i had many calls to tell me i would regret not going back, apparenty the feedback from Brighton was very positve as well. Anyhow i didnt go back!!!

Basically i didnt beleive in my own ability or in me as a person

To this day its my only regret!!!

No regrets at all. Plenty of things I should never have done, which I wouldn't have done with foresight let alone hindsight, especially career-wise, but I'm pleased I've made a huge mistake and got on with life rather than not gone for it and wondered 'what if?' ever since.

Oddly, other than not going to see Crowded House because it was my ex- who invited me, I tend not to have too many regrets.

Probably the main regret is not studying hard enough for my A-levels and not doing myself justice in those exams. But things have turned out OK in the end, so I don't regret it that much.

Matt

I often regret reading Tarquin's posts when eating my lunch - I also regret not stealing more screen wipes from the stationery cupboard while they were in stock...

Hey there chaps,

Apologies for the flippancy of this post, but I really regret not wiping myself properly this morning.

I've been 'chewing a toffee' ever since.

Its never to late for a rewipe fella , sometimes they are the only thing i look forward to going into work for .

As for Regrets i once turned down a bird at school who was a bit filth for a better looking my farts don't smell type of girl , took me nearly all of the 5th to get my leg over whilst my pal got with the filthmonger and spent every lunchtime shagging his little arse off and would get a sly hand shandy in class off her quite often .

Scarred me ever sense

I often find myself regreting things I did regarding my A levels and University(i always wanted to be in science of some sort but have spent the last 30 years doing insurance accounting) but had I not taken the route I did, I would not have my kids

Ah, good point, Duncan. I do regret passing up an opportunity with a young lady (after all, it's not like I was inundated with them), for reasons that I still don't really understand now... probably my embarrassment and immaturity, I guess.

I've always wondered ever since whether her collars and cuffs match.

Hey ho.

I regret the day I met Einstein. Should have bunked off school that day. Similar answers with Scrounger and Chadded.

Oddly, other than not going to see Crowded House because it was my ex- who invited me, I tend not to have too many regrets.

Probably the main regret is not studying hard enough for my A-levels and not doing myself justice in those exams. But things have turned out OK in the end, so I don't regret it that much.

Matt

I agree, I definitely didn't do as well as I could have doing my GCSEs and A-levels, I was definitely a late starter, but everything seems to have worked out well since

I have never been a "naturally" gifted footballer but i worked hard and at 15 got a chance to go for a trial at Brighton. After being there for my first day i came home and went to watch Sotuhend play with my Dad, and i told him i wouldnt be going back to complete the 3 days. He encouraged me to go back and that evening i had many calls to tell me i would regret not going back, apparenty the feedback from Brighton was very positve as well. Anyhow i didnt go back!!!

Basically i didnt beleive in my own ability or in me as a person

To this day its my only regret!!!

Im guessing you were a goalkeeper ... !?

I regret not putting in any effort at school, college or university.

Still, things could be worse.

Its never to late for a rewipe fella , sometimes they are the only thing i look forward to going into work for .

As for Regrets i once turned down a bird at school who was a bit filth for a better looking my farts don't smell type of girl , took me nearly all of the 5th to get my leg over whilst my pal got with the filthmonger and spent every lunchtime shagging his little arse off and would get a sly hand shandy in class off her quite often .

Scarred me ever sense

I think most have a regret in this sense DB. I recently bumped into the little filthy strumpet I regretted turning down at school to find out she's single, married once, divorced, three kids, two different dads, all by the age of 26!!! with all this in mind I do still wish id spaffed all over her chops!!

Back