• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Thought this was really interesting from the Charlton players following their tonking by Huddersfield last night....maybe ours could take note?!

We are going to reimburse fans who travelled up to support us.I will arrange this with the club + they will let you know how to be refunded

What - when we lose the fans don't pay?
Not sure how that would help club coffers and generally move things forward.
We're 8th in league 1 remember, I think that's good - why would I want a refund?
You also need to remember that it's far easier for a club / players higher up the pyramid to make this sort of gesture because of the amount of money in the game. Our club is massively in debt and our players don't earn that much.

Charlton are in serious trouble, the board there will be appointing Poirot or Tintin as manager soon.

Losing to Colchester is a sign of a serious problem. Mind you, conceding 11 in 3 games is pretty serious too. Out of pure curiosity (and a degree of pessimism although I don't think things will get quite this bad) I looked up the cautionary tale of Notts County 2014/15 last night. 10th just after Christmas with 31 points, they were relegated.

Mind you, I'm sure Phil has it in hand :winking:

Thought this was really interesting from the Charlton players following their tonking by Huddersfield last night....maybe ours could take note?!

We are going to reimburse fans who travelled up to support us.I will arrange this with the club + they will let you know how to be refunded
Is it just the ticket being reimbursed, or all costs?

They're without a win since mid-November and were thrashed 5-0 last night after an over 200 mile journey on a Tuesday night, it doesn't really compare to our situation at all. A lot easier for players at that level to do it than at League 1/2 where wages are much lower.

Can you backdate the claim? I'm after a refund for most of the 2009/10 season when Ron was demotivating the players by not paying them and bringing in loanees from Col Ewe.

In all serious this is a laudable move but could set a dodgy precedent - I see watching Southend as a massive gamble, sometimes it pays off but more often than not you end up disappointed and out of pocket. I've accepted my lot.

Can you backdate the claim? I'm after a refund for most of the 2009/10 season when Ron was demotivating the players by not paying them and bringing in loanees from Col Ewe.

In all serious this is a laudable move but could set a dodgy precedent - I see watching Southend as a massive gamble, sometimes it pays off but more often than not you end up disappointed and out of pocket. I've accepted my lot.

Exactly. The odd 4-0 defeat and losing more than you win comes with the territory.

I went all the way up there to cheer Charlton on. but I, errr, threw the ticket away.

Where do I claim?

I want my season ticket refunded for the 4 relegation seasons I had to witness, but they can deduct the cost of the Bolton home game from what they send back , because that was quite good ....

I want my season ticket refunded for the 4 relegation seasons I had to witness, but they can deduct the cost of the Bolton home game from what they send back , because that was quite good ....

We've been looking at ways to increase attendances....I reckon that would work. we only have to pay of we win?

That tweet, along with the one before was class from Jackson. So refreshing to see players take responsibility and actually address and apologise to the fans. So many are quick to lap up the praise when things are going well, but are nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough.

Back