• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reina signs new contract

MrB

Life President
Nothing especially exciting there however this bit made me wince:

My wife told me from the beginning she was more than happy here. My kids enjoy it and they have picked up the scouse accent already. I am really proud of that. In the years ahead they will speak much more scouse too

Isn't that tantamount to child abuse?

Very surprised he has signed a 6 year contract with the club. I presume he is third choice Spanish keeper behind Cassilas and Valdes, but he is streets ahead of any English keeper.

Valdes has never represented Spain! He's only been capped for Catalonia who are not recognised by FIFA. Diego Lopez (Villareal) is the third keeper with Reina and Casillas.

Very surprised he has signed a 6 year contract with the club.

I was aswell, but when you think about it, he must be on some decent wages*. A 6-year guarentee that those wages stay the same is a savvy 'business move'.

*I'd say he must be on at least £30k+, which would make the deal worth about £9.5+m

Actually he's Spain's number 2 and a much better keeper than Valdes will ever be.

Yet another area where Spain have an embarrassment of riches - and certainly so when compared to England!

Valdes is by no means world class, but he'd have many caps by now were he English. Casillas is on over 100 caps and is still to turn 29. Reina is arguably the finest saver of penalties around. And then Atlético have two very fine keepers on their books in Sergio Asenjo and David De Gea (the latter will definitely pull of at least one top drawer save in each game vs Liverpool). Very easy to be jealous of Spain at the moment :(

And then Atlético have two very fine keepers on their books in Sergio Asenjo and David De Gea (the latter will definitely pull of at least one top drawer save in each game vs Liverpool). Very easy to be jealous of Spain at the moment :(

I'll be watching Atlético at Espanyol tomorrow.Hopefully they'll be knackered after their great Thursday night efforts.I'm predicting at least a draw for this one.Espanyol are unbeaten at home so far this year.:clap:
ps What a fantastic 3-0 win it was.BTW UL you were dead right about De Gea.He was excellent throughout and kept Atlético in it during the first half. Bring on Bar$a and a decent ref.Espanyol haven't been awarded a penalty home or or away all season.Osvaldo was denied one in yesterday's game.Here's hoping for one (for Espanyol)in the Catalan derby.

Last edited:
Back