• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

classic scene....

Richie: "I think I'll come back as Dannii Minogue...yeah...and get a job as a topless go-go dancer in a bar full of mirrors"

Eddie: "And i'll come back as a giraffe....." :hilarious:

So he can keep an eye out for any supermodels having topless helicopter lessons!!!

Classic :hilarious:

I strongly believe that I am the reincarnation of Eric Pembridge a 19th Century pea picker from Pratts Bottom due to my great love of Peas.

Hey you mock ;) , but research by psycholgiest/hypnopheripist who also do past life regression , do say intrestes, likes and such like can pass over into these lifes .

Theres also theories that as time is not possibly linear , you can exisit in multipule incarnations at once

I now want to be a giraffe

Im reading the Tibettan Book of the dead at the moment (rather good), it its a "manual" for the newly desceaded . In Tibettan Buddishum its believed it takes 49 days to reincarnate (which after chatting with a chum of mine most knowledagable on this subject ), he pointed out and intresting thing , Buddhist dont believe you have a "soul" .

Reincarnation is tied with the idea of Karma (or action) so (vbasicly) you have unfinished buisness . You come back and finish it , mainly you forgot you were "God" . (incredibly simplifed version there !!!)

Scientificly , as energy is never destroyed only tansumted , and all matter is energy slowed down .. it could be argued we do all keep coming back :D

What's the full title & author of the book as I'm trying to find it & have come up with several variations on Waterstone website.:minger:

Hey you mock ;) , but research by psycholgiest/hypnopheripist who also do past life regression , do say intrestes, likes and such like can pass over into these lifes .

Yes but it's funny how people always think they're reincarnated from leading figures of the time (Jesus, Elvis etc.) You don't hear "I think I was a peasant called Pog" very much.....:rolleyes:

Theres also theories that as time is not possibly linear , you can exisit in multipule incarnations at once

I now want to be a giraffe

Why is it that everybody who believes they are reincarnated alwayss thinks it is someone famous

Or is it that god only recycles those which are worth it, A bit like a used car dealer only putting the good trade in's back on the forecourt and scrapping the rest.

Lol an edition of the one im reading .
Ok i was informed by a chum of mine who is a Buddhist this is great from an athropolgical point of view , however your traditional Tibetan Buddishist would be rather bemused by this (first ever translation from tibetan)
Its actually called the Bardo Thodol. It was only called The Tibetan book of the Dead as it had similarites to The Egyptian book of the Dead (it really translates roughtly as a Guide for the recently dead or something similar)

However its very good so far and has introduction by Carl Jung

Yes but it's funny how people always think they're reincarnated from leading figures of the time (Jesus, Elvis etc.) You don't hear "I think I was a peasant called Pog" very much.....:rolleyes:

Which is genealy how the researchers know their have delusions . Plus the famous people arnt that intresting really . YOu already know so much about them . Being Pog the pea farmer and getting veraviable information is what their after (i.e Pong lived in 13th Worksop , with 4 kids and a ferret (which shows up in the local census ) etc

Why is it that everybody who believes they are reincarnated alwayss thinks it is someone famous

Or is it that god only recycles those which are worth it, A bit like a used car dealer only putting the good trade in's back on the forecourt and scrapping the rest.

They don't ;) . However this donst sell copies in Papers :D
Hunt for Bridey Murphy was a good book about a lady recalling her life as a young irish girl (i forget the outcome now , or if it was ever discredited :D))..

God's don't get involved in reincarnation much , thats down to you :D

Bridey Murphy was a load of hoo-ha.... a mixture of hypnotic suggestion and long supressed memories of Virginia Tighe (the hypnotised woman's) childhood.

If there are more people alive today than have ever existed, how can we all have existed before? It's numerically impossible....

(cue ozy.....)

Bridey Murphy was a load of hoo-ha.... a mixture of hypnotic suggestion and long supressed memories of Virginia Tighe (the hypnotised woman's) childhood.

If there are more people alive today than have ever existed, how can we all have existed before? It's numerically impossible....

(cue ozy.....)

Hmm tricky as 1) Your assuming that the two didnt have similar lives anyway 2) Sadly it can't "prove" absolutly either way ;), as if teh "information did exisit it could engrouge on the now . Or as you say it could all be made up (but convincingly). Its still intresting and useful from research on how memory works either way :D
(plus ok ... I;ve had it done and the details I recieved were very differnet to what I expected in my life (no i wasnt anyone famous)and have little bearing on, however early doors on that score so more research there )

Lol , hmm im going back on the energy is never destroyed idea for this . Also your making the assumption you know the maximame amountt of "souls" "chi" "ka" . Also there are methods by where teh "soul" is created in life . Devleoped and "grown" (Buddisht , Toaist, Hindu , Hermetic, Egyptian , Thelemic) have this idea. We become more then our "animal " seleves and grow to "godhood". Or conciouses energy :D

Interesting points there osy, but one thing I'm not convinced on, and that's the soul/self/ka being energy. Whilst it makes a lot of sense at a first glance, there are a lot of supposed phenomena ie telepathy, telekinesis whereby the energy is controlled, implying, in my opinion, that the energy isn't the soul, but either a by product, or a tool of it, the soul itself being (all be it either sub atomic, or otherwise indetectable) matter.

Just an idea to chuck into the melting pot ;)

Interesting points there osy, but one thing I'm not convinced on, and that's the soul/self/ka being energy. Whilst it makes a lot of sense at a first glance, there are a lot of supposed phenomena ie telepathy, telekinesis whereby the energy is controlled, implying, in my opinion, that the energy isn't the soul, but either a by product, or a tool of it, the soul itself being (all be it either sub atomic, or otherwise indetectable) matter.

Just an idea to chuck into the melting pot ;)

Id agree , which add's more to the idea, you form it from your experinces and disciplinces you learn (Yoga , "magick" etc).
However this makes another intresting point as most systems that advocate a return to "god" as call for an abandement of "self" , others for union of "self" with all others . Can this mean our Ego's feed this "higher" self untill it is ready to develope and grow .
As all good systems advocate a union of Mind , Body and soul , could this be pointing towards an understanding of all aspects of "being", united in to one ??

Id agree , which add's more to the idea, you form it from your experinces and disciplinces you learn (Yoga , "magick" etc).
However this makes another intresting point as most systems that advocate a return to "god" as call for an abandement of "self" , others for union of "self" with all others . Can this mean our Ego's feed this "higher" self untill it is ready to develope and grow .
As all good systems advocate a union of Mind , Body and soul , could this be pointing towards an understanding of all aspects of "being", united in to one ??

I think before we can even attempt to answer any of that, we have to ascertain as to whether this higher self is God, a god, our self, or a collection of selves. I've always tended to lean towards the latter, which would mean that our egos, and those of others, would all serve to influence on a minor scale the collective conscience of humanity. Obviously, were the majority of people to be "self" centred, then "God" would be a very "I'm all right jack" kind of deity, whereas were the majority to be charitable, the opposite would be so.

This does, of course, counter the idea that god is perfect. Well, we knew that anyway, just look at Col ewe! :p

I think before we can even attempt to answer any of that, we have to ascertain as to whether this higher self is God, a god, our self, or a collection of selves. I've always tended to lean towards the latter, which would mean that our egos, and those of others, would all serve to influence on a minor scale the collective conscience of humanity. Obviously, were the majority of people to be "self" centred, then "God" would be a very "I'm all right jack" kind of deity, whereas were the majority to be charitable, the opposite would be so.

This does, of course, counter the idea that god is perfect. Well, we knew that anyway, just look at Col ewe! :p

Im not sure we do , i think we have to answer the more imeediate question of what "we" are . Then as the methods seem to suggest , that leads us back to this mass of beings (also re ego , most if not all literature seems to suggest it is not an alteraritic or self serving as what ever it is or who joins it no longer has "human" emothions , reason , ideals etc). Maybe theres filters in place to stop this anyway ;)

Plus while your "upbrining could colour the concept as it were , theres far more then the monoathtic approach of YHVH/Allah/Jehovah. Most of those concerining a collective "god" are non monoathic or have no deity at all (Buddhism, Taoist )

Im not sure we do , i think we have to answer the more imeediate question of what "we" are . Then as the methods seem to suggest , that leads us back to this mass of beings (also re ego , most if not all literature seems to suggest it is not an alteraritic or self serving as what ever it is or who joins it no longer has "human" emothions , reason , ideals etc). Maybe theres filters in place to stop this anyway ;)

Plus while your "upbrining could colour the concept as it were , theres far more then the monoathtic approach of YHVH/Allah/Jehovah. Most of those concerining a collective "god" are non monoathic or have no deity at all (Buddhism, Taoist )

I hope you're coming to the 1st Nov beer club. I'm sure you'd be even more fascinating drunk :D

Back