• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Some of you probably dont beleive in reincarnation but deep down we all have our little tendancies to stray from the norm and do something completley out of character. With me its simply this.... I Beleive that I am the reincarnation of the one and only "BOB MARLEY" I cant explain excactly why its just that when a song of his comes on My voice drops and I go into a sort of ganga trance, legs and knees girating to the sound of the king of Reggae.
Me and some mates had this conversation very recently while sharing a few beers and we all beleived we were someone else in a previous life. My mate oz reckoned he was "lee harvey oswald" as everything about J.F.K fascinates him conspiracies,the man on the grassy nole,that sort of thing! My missus is obsessed with documenteries about the Titanic, and truly beleives that she was a passenger on board.
So come on then, who do you think you were? Answer of the sick type please refrain, and anyone who wants to come back as kylies gussett piece, please have a cold shower!

Last edited:
This is a very good thread mate...One that will no doubt bring the god believers and anti out...IMO I do think we have several lives maybe even many lives on different plains. I think it is true sometimes we can feel so close to something or somebody that it dosent feel real. I have no idea who I was before. Dreams are odd in themselves, but if you asked me have I been here before or am I just this person now, I would have to say both .......It's one energy we come from.

This is a very good thread mate...One that will no doubt bring the god believers and anti out...IMO I do think we have several lives maybe even many lives on different plains. I think it is true sometimes we can feel so close to something or somebody that it dosent feel real. I have no idea who I was before. Dreams are odd in themselves, but if you asked me have I been here before or am I just this person now, I would have to say both .......It's one energy we come from.

Ashes to ashes..dust to dust!!

Nuff said!

quite strange actually I was chatting to a few mates tonight about this. they were saying they beleive in it for deffinate. Me I'm not sure as nothing has happened to me to prove to me its true. My mate thinks certain strange things trigger him to act out of character and he can't explain why. Weird stuff but its like ghosts etc, you never know whether you believe them or not until you actually experience it for yourself.

I'm a firm believer that when you die, that's it - no part of you continues on to another life. A persons soul and conciousness dies with their body.

Im reading the Tibettan Book of the dead at the moment (rather good), it its a "manual" for the newly desceaded . In Tibettan Buddishum its believed it takes 49 days to reincarnate (which after chatting with a chum of mine most knowledagable on this subject ), he pointed out and intresting thing , Buddhist dont believe you have a "soul" .

Reincarnation is tied with the idea of Karma (or action) so (vbasicly) you have unfinished buisness . You come back and finish it , mainly you forgot you were "God" . (incredibly simplifed version there !!!)

Scientificly , as energy is never destroyed only tansumted , and all matter is energy slowed down .. it could be argued we do all keep coming back :D

Interesting thread, and one that I've given much thought about in the past.

As to who I'd have been in a previous life, the most likely appears to have been Rear Admiral Sir Hugh Evan-Thomas. The reasons being I've always had a fascination with Jutland, and the navy of that era. My all time favourite class of warship was the Queen Elizabeth class of super dreadnought, which comprised his battle squadron during Jutland. I've always felt a love of Wales, and the west country. Turns out he was born about 3 miles from where I live, and he was living in Devon until his death (in 1926) of course none of this is conclusive, but were reincarnation to be true, and were i to have been someone known, he'd be the most likely candidate.

I'm not one for reincarnation as such.

I like to think that there's a kind of limbo where you can wait with your deceased friends and family before going "on". Which is not to say heaven or hell. Just "on" to whatever comes after death. The next great adventure, you may say.

Is not, as yet, dead.

As yet 3...2...1.... (contract filled)

err i mean cough

Anyway , I suspect the universe is actually large enought to accomodate everything , howevere there are a few little "rules" to obvserve .
The fun is finding out which ones they are ;)

He he good luck all :D (dont ask me I've just started )

Looks for more beer :D

The thing is Ozy .that makes it all bizarre and bugs me ...is that "We" as a human race think we know it all...when we have been here for but a speck in the whole cosmos...

We have very little idea at all how this whole thing works..

It's a nice idea....but I can't help thinking that it's just something we invented to help us cope with the fact that we all die, something to ease the pain when our loved ones die. I'm very much hoping to be proven wrong and that when it's my turn, that I'll get to see those that I have loved and lost in some "end of Titanic" type scene before reincarnating as a professional sportsman but somehow the realist in me knows that it doesn't quite stack up.....

It's a nice idea....but I can't help thinking that it's just something we invented to help us cope with the fact that we all die

which is quite possibly true, or, of course, our cynicism may have been something we invented as we can't cope with some of the concepts out there (infinity being one) I guess we'll find out one day

The thing is Ozy .that makes it all bizarre and bugs me ...is that "We" as a human race think we know it all...when we have been here for but a speck in the whole cosmos...

We have very little idea at all how this whole thing works..
And teh wise shall know their own ignorance .
Spot on , we dont know everything , becuase the definition of knowledeg is to have experince of it , so surly (for a man for instance) we can mever know childbirth or mesturation ;) .

So finding what we can know as a person or human we take that to as far as it goes . After that , thats when it gets intresting . Maybe we are special and have a role to fill . Theres many a method to finding out yet , its individual to each and every person (yes methods are the same but your all doing it in differnet ways )

Mr Criko sir , may i recommend (though i suspect you may have read these already), Tao Te Ching , Liber Al (The Book of the LAw) , Bhagvad Gita or The Tao of Pooh for a nice starter :D

It's a nice idea....but I can't help thinking that it's just something we invented to help us cope with the fact that we all die, something to ease the pain when our loved ones die. I'm very much hoping to be proven wrong and that when it's my turn, that I'll get to see those that I have loved and lost in some "end of Titanic" type scene before reincarnating as a professional sportsman but somehow the realist in me knows that it doesn't quite stack up.....

As swansea said there , however it is also egotistical to believe that everything man has made is in some where the highest absolute as of course we're the only ones juding it .

Plus if there really we're "higher" beings , and so youd spent your life being an absolute tyrant you really won't like the idea of meeting them afterwards ;)

If reincarnation does exist I'd like to come bak as Dannii Minogue. I'd then spend my life staying indoors playing with myself. Come to think of it, it's more or less the same life I have now :cool:

I reckon I may have been Luke Skywalker in a previous life.

I bear a passing resemblance and was pretty good at the Star Wars arcade machine.

Last edited:
Back