• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Released and retained players

From the comments on Smith it looks like Seaden is viewed as being in front of him, which I think is quite exciting - keepers at ages of 19 and 18 that we have serious hope for. Maybe we have some more queued up in the academy...

Didn't she just do the Full Monty women's show? She's got some guts, that's for sure!

Probably more frustrated that he’s the same age as Harry Phillips who as an attacking midfield player of the same age and who has never played a minute of 1st team football was kept on for another year.....while he wasn’t....
It also helps having Ricky Duncan as your mums cousin.

I guess he was firmly a PB signing and subsequent managers didn't fancy him.

He rarely featured under PB either

The signing of Ba was always going to be a gamble. He impressed in trial games but did not develop as hoped.

The majority of these type of signings will not work out but for a relatively low investment are worth trying.

He rarely featured under PB either

The signing of Ba was always going to be a gamble. He impressed in trial games but did not develop as hoped.

The majority of these type of signings will not work out but for a relatively low investment are worth trying.

At the time PB was struggling to sign players, when he did they were coming towards the end of their careers and we really needed another forward. Sometimes I thought Ba was signed to appease supporters. I know he was recommended to us and I remember the interview with PB saying 'his done alright in training so we've offered him a contract' and it just seemed a bit too casual.

It's just what I thought at the time. I don't doubt that there was potential in Ba but I think he was a shot in the dark from a somewhat desperate PB.

Wasn't KB supposed to be meeting up with JW's agent this week? Wonder when we'll hear some news regarding that.

Last edited:
keepers at ages of 19 and 18 that we have serious hope for. Maybe we have some more queued up in the academy...

Didn't we have two young keepers who player against each other in an international match? One for Wales and one for Northern Ireland.

I reckon Orient may approach Wabo and/or Ba. Let’s see.
Would be a massive coup for someone like Orient

Think we’ll manage without your cast-offs, cheers. In for Mathew Stevens from Posh and Turner wouldn’t get anywhere near our back 3. If we want an ex-Championship has-been, we just have to wait for Curtis Davies to give us a year when he’s ready.

Certainly got more up front than the Os can currently boast

Boobies! Still, bless you all for thinking of us.

Think we’ll manage without your cast-offs, cheers. In for Mathew Stevens from Posh and Turner wouldn’t get anywhere near our back 3. If we want an ex-Championship has-been, we just have to wait for Curtis Davies to give us a year when he’s ready.

Boobies! Still, bless you all for thinking of us.
We were only trying to help, eventually we may play each other again. As for cast offs, you have got Edinburgh so we have helped you a bit.

Back