• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

Have a feeling that Barrow will loose tonight setting it up for us on Saturday in a must win game.Although wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win at Barrow they play for a draw they just need

I’ve been a lurker on your forum since the bottom 3 battle became a thing a few weeks back, have to say I’m sad it’s become dependent on my team (Barrow) slipping up and going down for your best survival hope.
I’ve come to enjoy this forum and your posters have some great passion coupled with great humour at times. I was hoping it was going to be a story of a great reprise and survival for you at a different clubs expense not ours.
I hope we win tonight, you bag a hatful at ours and win, same in your remaining game and if form continues Scunthorpe loose by a couple each game. I’m crossing my fingers for tonight for us and then I will be happily cheering you on on Saturday at our expense.
Tense week ahead.

I’ve been a lurker on your forum since the bottom 3 battle became a thing a few weeks back, have to say I’m sad it’s become dependent on my team (Barrow) slipping up and going down for your best survival hope.
I’ve come to enjoy this forum and your posters have some great passion coupled with great humour at times. I was hoping it was going to be a story of a great reprise and survival for you at a different clubs expense not ours.
I hope we win tonight, you bag a hatful at ours and win, same in your remaining game and if form continues Scunthorpe loose by a couple each game. I’m crossing my fingers for tonight for us and then I will be happily cheering you on on Saturday at our expense.
Tense week ahead.
Your players could be stood on the sidelines cheering us on and we'd still struggle to score.

I'd love for Southend to stay up but something like 13 wins in 79 over the course of the last two seasons is why we will most likely be exiting the league. I can't see it happening any other way

Have a feeling that Barrow will loose tonight setting it up for us on Saturday in a must win game.Although wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win at Barrow they play for a draw they just need
I'd love it if FGR did beat Barrow, then the weekend game would be really exciting (in theory)

We may as well just go for it. Rush to start, absolutely smash them.

Final Score Barrow 0-0 Southend

Imagine we was in Barrow position and we just needed a point we would of sealed it by now with the games we drew before the Colchester game

I wouldn't rate our chances of scoring as being particularly high, let alone against a side set up not to concede (how often have we faced that this season? Usually teams want to see how much of a cricket score they can rack up against us).

Have improved big time in recent weeks but we've got our work cut out either way, even if tonight goes our way.

I hate this feeling of forlorn hope. I’ll be as happy as anyone if the miracle happens but the stress we have to go through might kill me first!

I suppose you could say the same for Forest Green, its great, historic football team, its wonderful fields, its dense hedgerows, its roaming herds, its country bumpkin............come on you greens!!!!

Yes, I have a soft spot for Green Rovers, er.... I mean Forest Green. Not least because they allowed us to beat them 1-3 at their place. Their pies taste strange though.....

If somebody had told you just 5 years ago that our Football League history would be decided by a match between Forest Green Rovers and Barrow you would have thought they were utterly mad.

Depends who it was, surely? Some of our supporters are utterly mad anyway. I never believe a word Wickford Blue says - he thinks he's a pineapple.

Back