• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

On paper, I think that’s our toughest remaining fixture out of the way. Got to beat Crawley now at the weekend to keep any slim chance we have alive.

On paper, I think that’s our toughest remaining fixture out of the way. Got to beat Crawley now at the weekend to keep any slim chance we have alive.

On paper, again, we couldn't wish for a better team to face than Crawley who have nothing to play for and have been lambasted for appearing to be already on the beach having lost four of their last five matches including a 4-1 home defeat by Oldham of all teams.

On paper, again, we couldn't wish for a better team to face than Crawley who have nothing to play for and have been lambasted for appearing to be already on the beach having lost four of their last five matches including a 4-1 home defeat by Oldham of all teams.
Oldham are very good Away, but poor at Home, so them winning any away game wasn't a surprise - but 4-1 was a good result.
Crawley on the other hand score and concede for fun - we scored 5 and conceded 6 in the 2 games against them...
IF Wright plays in defence for Crawley at the weekend you will win.

Oldham are very good Away, but poor at Home, so them winning any away game wasn't a surprise - but 4-1 was a good result.
Crawley on the other hand score and concede for fun - we scored 5 and conceded 6 in the 2 games against them...
IF Wright plays in defence for Crawley at the weekend you will win.

Well Oldham are one of, if not the, worst team we have played this season. They burgled a 2-1 win at Roots Hall with a final minute goal after Goodship had hit the crossbar as we pressed for a win. At the time they only had three points more than us and we were hopeless at that time. When we played at Boundary Park they were clueless and totally lacking in confidence or ideas. We dominated the game and we did everything but score. We hit the crossbar twice and had 15 shots to their eight. It's been the story of several of our games this season, making many half chances and several good chances and failing to take any of them. Oh, if only we had a Scott Quigley......

if we fail to get out of this mess, the only thing I would like to see if Col u heading down with us, so at least we will have that derby and the short trip to Daggers to look forward to next season, provided supporters are allowed back in by then and we are not in lockdown 4 or 5

I think we need to win 4 out of 6 to have any chance.
We must win on Saturday and we also need Col U and/or Barrow to lose

I can see both col u and Barrow being beat this weekend.

We have a great chance to reduce the arrears and out the pressure on.

Go on then , I'm just a big softie.
Col U and Grimsby it is for the drop.
Don't tell C&P though as I want to be seen as fair.
As i've said on another thread somewhere my Grandad was from the Dagenham/Honrnchurch area and lived there until about 1960 - back when Southend used to be a day out destination.... so i'd much rather you stayed up than Colchester. That and the fact that despite being from the North i chose southern Uni's to go to back in the late 1980's and checked out Colchester.... never again...

Back