• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

my predictions for Col U and Southend are , COL U draw with Oldham , beat Walsall and Salford and lose to Southend , Cheltenham and Tranmere = 7 points = 48 final total.
Southend beat Crawley , Col U , Orient and Newport and lose to Exeter and Barrow = 12 points = 48 final total.

my predictions for Col U and Southend are , COL U draw with Oldham , beat Walsall and Salford and lose to Southend , Cheltenham and Tranmere = 7 points = 48 final total.
Southend beat Crawley , Col U , Orient and Newport and lose to Exeter and Barrow = 12 points = 48 final total.

So you predict Southend will take 12 points from the next six games, in other words, play like Champions for the rest of the season.

Can I have some of the stuff you have taken?

I don't think either team will get 48 points

I think Walsall are currently the worst team in the division, we really should have taken three points against them in our home fixture. However, they may just escape as they have points on the board already.

I'm just as interested in how we can play differently?
How many games have we suffered:

a) watching the ball screaming for mercy as it's punted down the pitch
b) indecision on the ball
c) nobody looking threatening on a consistent basis with the ball at their feet
d) nought threat from set pieces - even pens it seems

I don't think we have the confidence or skill to do anything else.
If any one of those four points got a rapid improvement, we might stand a chance.
If even two of the four saw something better we would win most of the last six.

Before the Morecambe game I gave some thought as to points needed to stay up and I think we will need 47 points (only basing this on the averages of the past 10 seasons of the 3rd from bottom team): I then went through the next 7 games that we had at that time and predicted the following:

Morecambe - 1 point
Crawley - 3 points
Exeter - 1 point
Col U - 3 points
Orient - 1 point
Barrow - 3 points
Newport - 0 points

That leaves us on 47 points - Fingers crossed

Very tall order I know but while there is hope we must hope
I think this may be the best we can hope for. If by the time of the barrow game weve pinched a couple of win and just a couple of draws , I can see the adrenalin kicking in for survival and doing ok in the last two.

I know we have had countless posts about 'must win' games and 'last chance' etc , but with just 6 games left for us and Col U , this weekend is really crunch time.
Let's assume Grimsby don't surge - although they do have some decent strikers , so it's far from out of the question - then it is realistically between us and Col U.

Now IF they lose on Friday and we win on Saturday , the gap is 2 points.
It is essential we beat them in our game , because the points swing is just too great if not.
Should they win on Friday and we lose , the gap is 8 points and far too much.
Now I know that's not the next game , but assuming this weekend goes as above and we do beat them , we effectively have a 4 game shoot out with a 1 point advantage.

Ours would be Exeter and Barrow away , Orient and Newport at home.
Theirs are Cheltenham and Tranmere away , Walsall and Salford at home.

I'm just as interested in how we can play differently?
How many games have we suffered:

a) watching the ball screaming for mercy as it's punted down the pitch
b) indecision on the ball
c) nobody looking threatening on a consistent basis with the ball at their feet
d) nought threat from set pieces - even pens it seems

I don't think we have the confidence or skill to do anything else.
If any one of those four points got a rapid improvement, we might stand a chance.
If even two of the four saw something better we would win most of the last six.
You’ve pretty much nailed it, people on here are clutching at more straws than a masturbating scarecrow.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we’ll be lucky to get 4 goals in the next 4 games and may fall upon a win and draw which ain’t enough!.

I have no confidence in the manager, players or tactics and it’s painful to watch 95% of the time it really is.

You’ve pretty much nailed it, people on here are clutching at more straws than a masturbating scarecrow.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we’ll be lucky to get 4 goals in the next 4 games and may fall upon a win and draw which ain’t enough!.

I have no confidence in the manager, players or tactics and it’s painful to watch 95% of the time it really is.

Straws are all we've been clutching at these past three seasons......

When said scarecrow comes does he grunt "Oh Hayyyy..!! ?

I think Walsall are currently the worst team in the division, we really should have taken three points against them in our home fixture. However, they may just escape as they have points on the board already.

Having watched Walsall on Monday, the return of Rory Holden should see them easily safe.

Back