• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Rivals updates at 3pm

Full time whistles starting to go

Wycombe beat Walsall, leaving Walsall 4 points off safety.
Barnsley beat Plymouth 3-0, leaving them below us on goal difference and 1 point above safety.

Rochdale are safe. As Scunthorpe and Plymouth play each other last game of the season, they both can't overtake Rochdale.

That's not good for us as it means we will be relying on a draw in that game.

We need a result against Rochdale. Oh to have 2 extra points from that Walsall game!

Not quite. Wimbledon could catch them with two wins out of three....
They're a strange one, Wimbledon. Luton will surely take the three points tomorrow, Wycombe and Bradford are both winnable but since they beat us they've only won 1 in 5.

When all results are in, can someone post an up to date league table on here

D4xOofDWkAAdrKk.png

We need Bradford to do us a favour or two. Hopefully as we've seen before from teams that are relegated, they'll play without fear.

To be honest guys I would have taken 19th before we played Rochdale, if Luton stuff Wimbledon, Rochdale are safe, plus Plymouth Vs Scunthorpe on last game.

I don't think Rochdale are safe because of their dreadful goal difference. They need one more point (assuming Luton beat Wombles).

Three key games (other than ours) are as follows:

Accrington v Plymouth (Apr 27)
Scunthorpe v Bradford (Apr 27)
Plymouth v Scunthorpe (May 4).

Assuming Accrington get no more than one point from their other two games at Doncaster (tomorrow), and Portsmouth (May 4), then there is only one combination out of 27 in the three games above, where we would need more than 50 points (are you still with me?).

The only combination we wouldn't want is AvP to be a home win, PvS to be an away win, and SvB to be a home win.
Even then Wimbledon may well **** up, but it is possible we would need 51 points in that scenario.

In all other combinations, a win for us at Rochdale would suffice, thanks also to our comparatively superior goal difference.

Of course things should all be a lot clearer after tomorrows' games at Donny and Luton.

I don't think Rochdale are safe because of their dreadful goal difference. They need one more point (assuming Luton beat Wombles).

wouldn't mind their dreadful goal difference if we could take their points.
Rochdale are safe as houses which means they play us without fear in their last home game of the season. That's going to be tough.

Today I will be mostly cheering Luton and Doncaster.

Next weekend, I think Wimbledon v Wycombe is a pretty big game too.

Accrington have Portsmouth away on the last game, that may well have some significance too.

Back