• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Rivals updates at 3pm

Incredible. Luton have battered them with balls off the line, hitting the woodwork, and the goalie making brilliant saves. They've been different class. Commentator said a fair score would have been 5-1.

A0F5588E-9CED-46B5-A5DD-4AFCF2D6189E.jpeg

Look at those stats. Luton should’ve put that game to bed multiple times. Referee was determined to give them nothing but even still!

Even with tonight’s results our job remains the same. Just win at Rochdale. 50 points plus our goal difference should be enough

Wimbledon equalised last minute - if they and Scunny lose and we win Saturday all is good with the world?

According to my (probably dodgy) calculations, the only ways we go into the game against Sunderland knowing that we can lose (assuming our GD is good enough and we don't f*** it up) are:

This Saturday:
Southend win, Wimbledon draw/lose
OR
Southend win, Plymouth lose, Scunthorpe draw/lose

If Dons can draw at Luton, we can do a number on Sunderland.
It would help if the Black Cats knew their fate before our game against them.
However, we also need Argyle, Wycombe and Posh to step up to the plate, and do us a huge favour, assuming we can get something at Rochdale.

I can also see 4 teams being on 50 points come the end. My brain is fried.
It really does feel like Saturday is a must win game now.

According to my (probably dodgy) calculations, the only ways we go into the game against Sunderland knowing that we can lose (assuming our GD is good enough and we don't f*** it up) are:

This Saturday:
Southend win, Wimbledon draw/lose
OR
Southend win, Plymouth lose, Scunthorpe draw/lose

Please talk me through the first scenario..... I'm not convinced!

We can't rely on any team other than ourselves. To have it back in our own hands again is something none of us thought would happen last week.

We can't look at fixtures and think it's a full gone conclusion. Lots are writing us off for the Sunderland game, well Wimbledon just got a draw away at one of the hardest places to go in the league. Anything can happen. There are teams like Bradford who have players playing for their futures with less pressure on their shoulders now their fate is decided. Look at Fulham getting two wins on the bounce!

As I said, worry about our game first. We MUST win.

Just to be in with a shout (more than a shout now) is something that looked unlikely. We have a huge chance now, let's take it.

Come on you blues!

Back