• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remember Quantum Leap?

SamuraiBlue

Youth Team
So do you remember this show?

A friend and I had a drunken conversation about this show a couple of months back and we asked the following question:

If you "leaped" into the body of a professional athelete performing their chosen sport, what kind of sportman would you choose to look least like a complete and utter loser. In other words, which sport could you survive the longest before the commentators picked up on the fact something was wrong? Bear in mind you only take your skill and fitness levels. Also, what would be the most embarrassing sport that would make you forever famous and make the ten o'clock news because you were so bad at it?

Me:
BEST : Darts
WORST: The floor routine at a gymnastics competition

Oh boy.

BEST: An England player in a penalty shoot-out. No-one would think anything was amiss when I blasted it over the bar

WORST: Boxing. My policy of talking my way out of fights would, I fear, come to a painful end.

BEST: Chess - the time I could spend working out the next move means I can make a sharp exit at the break

WORST: Ice skating - last time I skated I did in my ACL. Would probably happen again given my skill at it

Just remebered that advert for John Smiths with the high dive and Peter Kay bombing.

I am thinking the high dive could be a bit embarrassing. Wouldn't want to belly flop it...

Best - Cricket and smashing Glenn McGrath for a straight 6 over the pavilion at Lords, in a world record knock of 401 not out, as England pile up a Test Record 1000, and bowl the convicts out for 25 in each innings.

Worst - anything to do with horses, the bloody things are normally disappearing over the horizon with my salary in tow.:fury:

Golf.

I hate the game. I detest the Pringle uniform and shoes. It is a sacrilege to turn our countryside into manicured lawns for lazy b@stards pretending to be sportsman to ponce around on.
I would wrap my club around Ronnie Corbett’s head
viz;-"what's your handicap?"
"None, but I can show you your handicap...Take this you smarmy b@st@rd""

....thus being on headline news at ten.

I reckon I could do a passable impression of Ronnie O'Sullivan: pot a shot or two left-handed but when my positioning wasn't spot on just walk off in disgust. The commentators would never suspect a thing.

Sod the commentators and/or sport. Jump into Martina Navratilova and at least you'd be guaranteed some lesbo action

:finger:

This is a pic of one of Navratilova's former lovers (Judy Nelson)

If you really wanna go there then I guess that is your choice...

JudyNelson.jpg

Best: Curling. You could be an Olympic gold-medal winning broom-wielder for bloody years without anyone noticing. Pretending to be Mrs. Mop on a strip of ice really isn't that taxing.

Worst: An opening batsman in Test cricket. I'm a complete number 11 when it comes to batting at the best of times, so if I suddenly became Andrew Strauss, I'd be in all sorts of trouble. And it might well hurt as well. If I weren't out for a golden duck each time I walked in, it'd be a minor miracle...

:o

Best: Curling. You could be an Olympic gold-medal winning broom-wielder for bloody years without anyone noticing. Pretending to be Mrs. Mop on a strip of ice really isn't that taxing.

Worst: An opening batsman in Test cricket. I'm a complete number 11 when it comes to batting at the best of times, so if I suddenly became Andrew Strauss, I'd be in all sorts of trouble. And it might well hurt as well. If I weren't out for a golden duck each time I walked in, it'd be a minor miracle...

:o

Ah but even the best players get a goldie sometimes so if you lept into Strauss and fended of a McGrath delivery to gully, or left a straight one, no one would instantly think "someone has taken over Strausses body".

Much more obvious would be if you suddenly found yourself leapping into Glenn Mcgrath or Brett Lee. Ball in hand, six deliveries, the speed gun poised..... an over of 6 slower delivers would probably be the only chance of not getting laughed off.

For me....leaping into Federers body serving in a tie break. Im competant at tennis, but again, my second serves would probably make people think their TV has gone into slow motion. I reckon the 400m hurdles would be tough as well....Id be lucky if I could high jump one of those.

Id think any team sport, like football would be ok to get away with....a few thow ons down the line, a square pass (which always seems to get the crowd clapping) some fist pumping to the crowd Broughton style....leaping into Che Wilson I dont think anyone would notice.....for maybe two seasons....

Best - Judge at world topless darts women championships.

Worst - anything rugby related.

thanks for giving me the image of andy fordham without a top on :cry:

BEST: Bowls, easy and if I lose nobody in the world would even notice.

WORST: Baseball, last tme I played rounders I let go of the bat and it just missed a girls face :o

Tennis won't be hard, look at Tim Henman

Best would be Table Tennis

Worst would be Downhill Ski-ing (is there such a thing as Uphill Ski-ing?) Screaming For the love of Christ please stop me might just give it away.

Best: Badminton - my gym is part of the National Badminton Centre and often see Nathan Robertson & Gail Emms training (and the rest of the British squad) and think...it doesn't look that hard......

Worst: Anything else. I love most sports but i'm toss at all of them WITHOUT exception. :(

Best - Formula one racing driver. Stack it at the first corner, quick shower and then hit the nightclubs with a load of models.

Worst - Any sport that you tried to avoid at school - Rugby, long distance running etc.

Last edited:
Best - Formula one racing driver. Stack it at the first corner, quick shower and then hit the nightclubs with a load of models.

Worst - Any sport that you tries to avoid at school - Rugby, long distance running etc.

Actually as I do a bit of long distance running, I could do that. I would however come last by a HUGE margin :)

Back