• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone who's met me knows I'm a 10st weakling :winking: Fortunately I have a big brute of a brother in law on standby. :smile:

If I use a crowbar it'll seriously f-up the wall and I'd rather not have too much repair work to do. I'm thinking Yorkie's rope idea is going to be the best idea.

Assuming you're putting in another fridge, I wouldn't be too bothered about the wall. It wasn't supposed to be plastered anyway.

Assuming you're putting in another fridge, I wouldn't be too bothered about the wall. It wasn't supposed to be plastered anyway.

No, the fridge is sort of next to the kitchen rather than in it. The new fridge will be inbuilt in the new kitchen and the alcove it's currently wedged in will be replaced by shelves. I don't mind a bit of skimming to sort out any mess but I don't want big chunks of wall out! Bloody kitchen is costing me enough!

If it's metal, metal contracts in the cold so open the fridge door.

If the gaps down the side aren't big enough insert pollyfilla. If you put in enough expanding foam it should eventually push the wall back and the fridge in.

Finally consider lubing it up.

DISCLAIMER: this in no ways constitutes DIY advice and I still haven't managed to change a lightbulb in my place

Use a block of wood and a bar crow or otherwise to gain hieght on the fridge then place a sack truck under to wheel the ******* out.

Mk could you do me a favour as you're dumping the fridge!
Could you drill a hole in the door to check the light goes off,
Always think I'm being mugged off!

Is there enough gap at the top for you to tip the fridge upwards a little?

If so, do that, and put a mat/sack under the fridge.

Lower fridge back down.

Pull sack.

Is there enough gap at the top for you to tip the fridge upwards a little?

If so, do that, and put a mat/sack under the fridge.

Lower fridge back down.

Pull sack.

Yes, but sack would rip. Fridge is wedged in THAT tightly.

I'll stick a pic up later to show my conundrum.

If you're not up to the job hire a handyman to do it.

Make sure your wife and children are out because they shouldn't have to see this sort of thing.

Picture would certainly help! It went in so must come out, You have wound the feet up?
You can adjust front feet and sometimes a screw at the front will adjust back feet!

Picture would certainly help! It went in so must come out, You have wound the feet up?
You can adjust front feet and sometimes a screw at the front will adjust back feet!

It went in indeed, but not without some force, hence why it's wedged. There is NO gap at all at the sides.

2vagubd.jpg

2yx3gus.jpg

There you go, hope that shows how wedged in it is.

Back