• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
All,

I need to remove a fridge from a very narrow gap - in fact the old fridge was "kicked" into place as the dumbass plasterer boarded the wall when I told him not to. There is literally NO space between wall and fridge.

Now I've been told I can't chop it in half with a chainsaw - has anyone got any other ideas, or will it have to result in brute force pulling?

All,

I need to remove a fridge from a very narrow gap - in fact the old fridge was "kicked" into place as the dumbass plasterer boarded the wall when I told him not to. There is literally NO space between wall and fridge.

Now I've been told I can't chop it in half with a chainsaw - has anyone got any other ideas, or will it have to result in brute force pulling?
Dont tell any body that you are going to chop it in half .:smile:

All,

That was always my technique, but that's a different issue.

:winking:

I am having trouble visualising the problem.

Is the fridge in a space with no way to get your hands down the side?

If you are dumping the fridge, the inside side is normally made out of hard plastic. Unplug fridge, open, and cut out slots each side top and bottom (be careful, this is at your own risk), big enough to get your fingers plus garden gloves in. Thick gloves important, plastic can be sharp. And then ease fridge out from the inside.

If you are going to fly tip a fridge fill it up with mixed hardcore, half empty paint tins or asbestos so that a little kiddie doesn't get trapped inside.

* 3 bottles of Coke
* 3 packets of Mentos/Softmints
* Open fridge
* Add mints to Coke bottles
* Put lids back on bottles
* Place bottles in fridge
* Close fridge
* Run

All,

If there's no space down the sides, how about under and over the fridge? Could you get a rope around it that was and then pull it out?

Empty the fridge of dairy, liquids and desserts. After a few weeks the fridge will have lost several pounds along with retained water and should have slimmed down enough to be eased out.

* 3 bottles of Coke
* 3 packets of Mentos/Softmints
* Open fridge
* Add mints to Coke bottles
* Put lids back on bottles
* Place bottles in fridge
* Close fridge
* Run

For the love of God, if you are going to do that then use the right ingredients you half wit. It's Diet Coke, 2lt bottles work best.

Here's what you need to do;

Purchase all available fridge magnets from SZ, Hank (make sure you tell him I sent you in order that I can claim my commission on the sale) will do you a deal on a job lot.

Have your wife knit you a jumper with specially designed pockets that you can put all your magnets into.

Tape down the door opening of the fridge.

Position yourself inside of the magnetic field created by the fridge then slowly move backwards thus dragging the fridge out by use of magnetic force and hey presto the job is done.

Let us know how you get on.

whatever you do, film it.

YouveBeenFramed.jpg

As far as I can see, this is your only option.

[video=youtube;Arib8uWMWsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arib8uWMWsM[/video]

Any chance of getting a crowbar or similar between the wall and the rear top of the fridge? If you can (with a bit of a tap with a club hammer) then you may be able pivot it forward enough to get some purchase on it. Alternative is maybe to find someone a bit stronger than you to do the brute force bit. Get in touch with your feminine side and be a non participating foreman.

Any chance of getting a crowbar or similar between the wall and the rear top of the fridge? If you can (with a bit of a tap with a club hammer) then you may be able pivot it forward enough to get some purchase on it. Alternative is maybe to find someone a bit stronger than you to do the brute force bit. Get in touch with your feminine side and be a non participating foreman.

Anyone who's met me knows I'm a 10st weakling :winking: Fortunately I have a big brute of a brother in law on standby. :smile:

If I use a crowbar it'll seriously f-up the wall and I'd rather not have too much repair work to do. I'm thinking Yorkie's rope idea is going to be the best idea.

Back