• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Renard sacked

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Cambridge have sacked Herve Renard after yet another defeat yesterday.

Ricky Duncan has been put in temporary charge of the first team.

doesnt really suprise me
living in cambridge its been nice with us winning so much and them loosing so much ;)

Have to say, one of the quietest home supports i have ever seen, last season boxing day they didnt make a peep !

Dion Dublin is in line to be the new boss ...

Has all the hallmarks of the Colly saga.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Dec. 12 2004,22:29)]Have to say, one of the quietest home supports i have ever seen, last season boxing day they didnt make a peep !

Dion Dublin is in line to be the new boss ...

Has all the hallmarks of the Colly saga.
... without the whole 'dogging' thing though!

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Dec. 13 2004,08:12)]I remember when the Cambridge chairman was welcoming Renard saying it was the most important and significant siigning Cambridge have done in their history.....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
it certainly will be significant if they end up in the Conference next season....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Dec. 13 2004,08:12)]I remember when the Cambridge chairman was welcoming Renard saying it was the most important and significant siigning Cambridge have done in their history.....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Wasn't that when Claude Le Roy supposedly became their manager... but, in fact, never did?

BBC Cambridgeshire - Claude Le Roy interview

You can see how that would be a huge day for the club. Unfortunately, he appears to have arrived amidst a great fanfare... and then promptly installed a mate (Mr. Fox) in the job.

Bit odd, really.

Dublin would be an excellent signing for them (and totally unlike Collymore, as someone else has pointed out). Dublin is still playing at "Championship" level, could play in attack or defence, would score goals, and has always talked a lot of sense.

Stevie Claridge would, likewise, be a very similar appointment - a former player, still knocking them in (scored for Brighton whilst recently on loan there, didn't he?), and has had a crack at management with Weymouth - and is an ex-player of theirs.

I've always seen Cambridge as a similar club to us - and even though I haven't forgiven them for stealing the Div 3 title off us, I take no pleasure from seeing them struggle so badly in the league. I'd rather one of the Johnny-come-latelys (e.g. Cheltenham, Macc Town, Shrewsbury) were down there, rather than the Amber Army...

sad.gif

Matt

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They had lost 8 of their last 9 and are yet to win away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Stevie Claridge would, likewise, be a very similar appointment - a former player, still knocking them in (scored for Brighton whilst recently on loan there, didn't he?), and has had a crack at management with Weymouth - and is an ex-player of theirs.

Claridge isn't on loan at Brighton, his signed for them. And scored recently. By the way, he truly is a top bloke, I met him and his Weymouth side in feburary whilst they were staying in the same hotel as us just before my sisters wedding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 13 2004,12:43)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Wasn't that when Claude Le Roy supposedly became their manager... but, in fact, never did?

BBC Cambridgeshire - Claude Le Roy interview
sad.gif

Haven't you got any work to do?
rock.gif

wink.gif

Back