• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im sure that certain posters are busy standing up for the rights of the great and wonderful irish non movers but how can anyone that loves sticking up links left right and sometimes even center not pass comment on the fact that thier much loved labour gov used to send people back to L;ibya to be tortured.
Dont do links or stuff but i do feel that politics,politicians and those that spout political bollox desevre to live in this shambles of a world we live in.
So where they right or wrong?

Im sure that certain posters are busy standing up for the rights of the great and wonderful irish non movers but how can anyone that loves sticking up links left right and sometimes even center not pass comment on the fact that thier much loved labour gov used to send people back to L;ibya to be tortured.
Dont do links or stuff but i do feel that politics,politicians and those that spout political bollox desevre to live in this shambles of a world we live in.

I think it was Keir Hardie (or possibly his brother Brian) who said "A person who holds left wing views regards themselves as morally superior to the rest of the poor benighted human race and thus feel they are not bound by any stale social conventions like making even a basic attempt to behave consistently with their stated views."

I think it was Keir Hardie (or possibly his brother Brian) who said "A person who holds left wing views regards themselves as morally superior to the rest of the poor benighted human race and thus feel they are not bound by any stale social conventions like making even a basic attempt to behave consistently with their stated views."

Not sure that the quote is correct.

However, kidnap and torture is wrong, whoever ordered it. It is certainly something a labour government should not have got involved in.

I criticised the yanks for this so-called rendition on other forums, so I have no hesitation condemming the UK for doing the same now on shrimperzone.

Wrong.
Here's a quote for you, from Nye Bevan,which sums up Politics in general and the Labour Party in particular(IMO).
(Btw,I'm no apologist for the Labour party).

"Discontent arises from a knowledge of the possible, as contrasted with the actual."
(from In Place of Fear, 1955)

Back on topic though, I am opposed to all forms of torture as it is beastly - unless, of course, it is carried out by Jack Bauer or Dexter who are righteously ensuring that the bad guys get theirs.

Back