• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC_Ross

Coach
Received a letter from my old landlord saying I wouldn't be receiving any of my previous deposit back, I'm not a bad tenant at all however I knew I would be charged for some minor repairs and redecorating as quite frankly I was too lazy to paint a flat I was leaving, however on this letter, it has been bullet pointed what the discrepancies are, I do not agree with hardly any of them but there are a couple that I thought would be charged to me that aren't included in this letter, If I start disputing the points made, can they add more things to the list or is it a legality that they must list everything they found wrong in the fist letter?

basically, I know I can prove them wrong for a couple of hundred quid but the things I thought I'd be charged emulate to around 100-150 and to be quite honest I am not interested with arguing with my ex-landlord over 50quid, I've got bigger fish to fry!

does anybody know the legalities involved with ending tenancy agreements?

Thanks in advance

Yeah. Chuck a few rocks through a few windows late at night or spray paint the front door with a swear. That'll get you even.

#don't...itsajoke

That doesn't sound like it.

The landlord has to give you notice of what scheme it is protected in. It is a statutory requirement for it to be protected. See the link in my previous post.

Follow the dispute procedure of that scheme. They are tenant friendly.

If it hasn't been protected you can sue the landlord and the court will award up to three times your deposit. The threat of being sued should be sufficient to see you being given the full amount back.

Do you have a copy of the inventory when you moved in and of the check out when you moved out?

That doesn't sound like it.

The landlord has to give you notice of what scheme it is protected in. It is a statutory requirement for it to be protected. See the link in my previous post.

Follow the dispute procedure of that scheme. They are tenant friendly.

If it hasn't been protected you can sue the landlord and the court will award up to three times your deposit. The threat of being sued should be sufficient to see you being given the full amount back.
Good advice. A lot of the time if someone hasn't followed the correct procedure you just have to sound like you know what you are talking about and they roll over.
I went to the small claims court over a rent deposit many years ago, that option has pretty much been removed now but a similar indication that you mean business should get results.

I moved in just over 3 years ago, I do have the inventory and pictures pre move in and check out pictures and letters, I also need to go through my paperwork to see if the deposit was put into a protected scheme, I will dig all this out tonight, thanks for all your help!

Back