• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Report and Financial Statements - Directors

Tampa Blue

Director⭐
Have just had the 2008 financials through in the post, and a question comes to mind.

Ron and/or GK are always the figure heads that we praise or slag off depending upon your point of view, but can anyone tell me what the other directors actually do that brings value to the Club - it is not a direct criticism, but I am amazed that we have so many Directors and still get in a mess with our finances. If they don't bring money ala Ron - what do they bring?

Please let me know.

FYI they are

D M MARKSHEFFEL
R J OSBORNE
D A J WILSHIRE
F VAN WEZEL
P ROBINSON
G LOCKETT
G ADAMSON

ray osbourne is an accountant!! (rickard keen i think), and paul robinson was last seen on neighbours

Gary Lockett is Insure and Go, Frank Van Wezel is Hi Tec, Garry Adamson is the newly appointed Commerical Director, Ray Osbourne is the Financial Director - the others I would have said what their connections are when I reported on last year's AGM.

Frank Van Wezel owns HiTec. Probably puts a bit of money in every now and then.

Frank Van Wezel owns HiTec. Probably puts a bit of money in every now and then.

He put in a loan of £100k during the last year according to the accounts, and one of the other directors, cant remember which loaned £50k

They all work for nothing so fair play to them.

I did notice that Ron, despite saying he doesnt work for a salary, charges £60k through Martin Dawn as a "management fee". Nice!

I was also surprised the club spent so much sending out such a flashy set of accounts - must be a good few quid spent on that.

They all work for nothing so fair play to them.

I did notice that Ron, despite saying he doesnt work for a salary, charges £60k through Martin Dawn as a "management fee". Nice!

I was also surprised the club spent so much sending out such a flashy set of accounts - must be a good few quid spent on that.

Garry Adamson is employed by the club and was recently appointed to the board, and is salaried.

To be honest even if Ron does take a fee of £60k - then that isnt a lot for the position he holds in this company (or in any company) that has the same turnover / number of staff.

All account look glossy - its done to impress people who may wish to invest

Is anyone planning on going to this years AGM?

I think I will actually take the opportunity to go this year......oh, and if the Club want a surveyor on the board of Directors, I'm happy to help ;) I could probably bring £20 to the table!

Ah, I used to work at his practice many moons ago! About 5 or so years before the Premium Finance incident. :angel:

I last saw a Leslie Lesser in a feature on BBC's Watchdog, blimey about 15-20 years ago, he was hiding behind his front door refusing to open it to Roger Cook or whoever was doing it that far back to explain what had happened to the £2.5m. I can't believe he's still at it! (allegedly).

In those Jobbo & pre days a local firm used to help out with the books of the club before they were audited by one of the big 10 & the partner in that firm used to be on the board as Les was (owner of a most ludicrous syrup (again allegedly) yea right!). Ray Osborne was with Rickard Keen (IIRC) who took over that role.

Now back to work. Where are my copies of Leslie's notes on creative accounting? :whistling:

Back