• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Popped down to see what was what and get a look at the new boy etc. Macca obviously didnt train and was there to have treatment but looked to be limping worse than I had expected / hoped. Foran looks to be similar build to Eastwood , maybe a touch taller , looks naturally left footed and lined up wide left and on the left of the front two , he was paired with Harrold , so obviously expect him to be on the bench at Stoke. He did a couple of Press interviews afterwards and seemed quietly and pretty well spoken . He says it will be a step up for him and that he noticed even from one training session that the pace is quicker and it was all sharper that what he was used to. Said he wouldnt have joined if he didnt think we could stay up etc etc . Judging by what they worked on in training the line up will be Flavs ( Collis was in full training BTW) , Francis, Sodje,Clarke, Hammell, JCR( who looked the best player there today ) Maher, Hunt,Gower, Eastwood n Bradbury so no surprises there of course. The spirit in the camp looked superb and Maher is definately keeping his shooting boots for match days :eek:

Foran cracked in a couple of left foot screamers from left hand side of the box and certainly didnt look out of place at all .

worried about hunt going forward in midfield see proplems already who is going supply the ammo

worried about hunt going forward in midfield see proplems already who is going supply the ammo

i really hope hunt allows maher to push forward a little bit... we have seen what he can do from the edge of the box and i reckon hunt will protect the back 4 better than macca, they just both have to be diciplined

Tilly said today in the echo that he is ready to use Mousa in the middle

interesting! would definitely help our strikers as he seems really creative and attacking when ive seen him for the stiffs... just looks a bit lightweight to me

Gower can play in central midfield,, push Foran on the left side to support Freddy & Bradbury. What plan B we got if Stoke score first!?

Gower can play in central midfield,, push Foran on the left side to support Freddy & Bradbury. What plan B we got if Stoke score first!?
like the idea of gower in middle only proplem he gets knackered playing wide what will he be like running around in the middle

The keys for us to score, is to play the ball to width area where Gower and JCR can then put the ball in the box for Freddy & Bradbury. I would settle for a draw.

This is EXACTLY why we either needed to keep Luke, or, bring someone in to replace him. Hunt just aint good enough for central midfield.

Kev

:(

your right the key is for us to score!

the key is to WIN!

i can understand tillys reasoning behind perhaps playing hunt away.. and don't forget he is an established player this season and been an unsung hero IMO... moving him into CM for this game is smart because i dont think Moussa would really be able to hack a full 90mins... gower hasnt played CM for ages and i think bringing Foran on in the 2nd half would again be smart..... like i said with all the "start Hooper" suggestions, we have to start with players who are guaranteed to last for 90, and with Moussa and Hooper i dont think this can happen... so IMO hunt is the only option for tomoz when we are probably going to be on the back foot and chasing the game

Back