• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The General

The Mouse (*)
For anyone who dares to watch SZFC, you see sitters missed week in, week out but today's reserve encounter really took the biscuit. I have never seen a team so dominant and miss so many chances. Altho Badbuy put away 2 he must have missed about 10 and at times tried doing too much rather than the simples things which for someone with his knowledge and experience was a bit dissapointing.

Just to clear up the issue of their 2nd goal it was a MCCORMACK mistake. He passed the ball back towards Barrett who couldn't get to it and there striker was 20 yards clear on goal and finished well.

I thought Ledgister had a very good game at right back. Looked very composed and comfortable and has a good bit of pace and height on him and he impressed me more than most, but, to be fair, Oxford didn't have too much to offer. Hooper was very good on the right but was pretty in-effective upfront in the 2nd half but supply to him wasn't great and to be fair he created the majority of the chances in the first half with numurous good runs.

As has been said, the lad who played next to Barrett did well (as did Barrett) but Moussa, Cole and Lawson didn't really do much to impress me though and am a tad worried if thats what cover we have on the bench!

As for the tackle on Mitch ... he's lucky to be alive. His boot went flying 10 yards up the pitch but the ref did well and was the easiest decision of his refferring career to make!!

Kev

smile.gif

Was on for 15 or so which was when the rain poured. From what i have seen before he is a nice little !! player who keeps thing simple and has a very good touch on him! Didn't have much of an opportunity today due to McCormack playing but him and Ledgister (along with the Moose) look capable of playing at a good level!

Kev

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 21 2006,22:31)]Was on for 15 or so which was when the rain poured. From what i have seen before he is a nice little !! player who keeps thing simple and has a very good touch on him! Didn't have much of an opportunity today due to McCormack playing but him and Ledgister (along with the Moose) look capable of playing at a good level!

Kev

smile.gif
Kev..

cracked it,
It's "None of ya business" Man himself.. Dagenham Kev, never realised..

For those of you who were there today here is the Oxford OS report of the game. I like the bit where they say the full back was unfortunate to be sent off due to a harsh decision!! Cole nearly ended up in my lap
Oxford OS
Thought Bradbury looked good at the start but Lawson is looking really not up to the standard. Bit ironic really as he got a contract and Kightly didn't!
McCormack looks the business!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford Blue @ Nov. 21 2006,23:07)]For those of you who were there today here is the Oxford OS report of the game. I like the bit where they say the full back was unfortunate to be sent off due to a harsh decision!! Cole nearly ended up in my lap
Oxford OS
Thought Bradbury looked good at the start but Lawson is looking really not up to the standard. Bit ironic really as he got a contract and Kightly didn't!
McCormack looks the business!
"Harsh decision" - if this was the case why didn't the No 2 or any of his teammates argue it with the referee?. As soon as the ref got the red card out the No 2 walked straight off the pitch,it was the easiest decision for the ref all afternoon.

Agree with your comments about Lawson who had a 'mare, there were calls for him to be substituted when the other substitutions were being made.
sad.gif

I agree pretty much everything said here - Bradbury could have had about 10, that Ledgister looked pretty good for a youngster and Lawson looked out of his depth against a non league reserve side

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Nov. 22 2006,08:30)]I agree pretty much everything said here - Bradbury could have had about 10, that Ledgister looked pretty good for a youngster and Lawson looked out of his depth against a non league reserve side
Thought Cole did alright, better crossing than JCR and plenty of pace. Lawson didn't put a foot right, McCormack looked class, Hoops done well 1st half, Bradders is not a striker and liked there No.10 first half!

Top man Che Wilson, didn't play assume he is injured but stayed and watched the whole match.
Kev, Simon Francis were there for the 1st half but then disappeared

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 21 2006,22:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 21 2006,22:31)]Was on for 15 or so which was when the rain poured. From what i have seen before he is a nice little !! player who keeps thing simple and has a very good touch on him! Didn't have much of an opportunity today due to McCormack playing but him and Ledgister (along with the Moose) look capable of playing at a good level!

Kev

smile.gif
Kev..

cracked it,
It's "None of ya business" Man himself.. Dagenham Kev, never realised..
Dont give the game away J!!

blush.gif

Back