• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reserve Match and JCR

Some random thoughts in no particular order....

Well firstly - our new signing.
In a word, SUPERB.

Jamal CR has the no less skill than Freddy with the ability to beat a player and get to the line, a cracking and accurate shot and fantastic crossing skills. Quite simply, he ran the show today and will be a MASSIVE addition to our squad this season. ALthough short and prone to gold boots, he seems to have more tricks about him than any player we've seen since Ricky Otto - although I hope he'll be more selective when using them in a League fixture. Over the top? Maybe, but he certainly has something about him.

Other observations (and purely my opinion), Jay Smith exudes class but still seems short of match fitness. Benno doesn't seem entirely up-for-it in reserve games - and Freddy, while showing patches of excellence, just doesn't seem to want to know at the moment. Again, maybe just because reserve team games don't do it for him. I think it is guaranteed that he'll be on the bench against Tranmere (at least on this performance).

The centre-backs did very well today - although they weren't put under pressure. Oli is very short, but won his fair share of headers and reads the game well. Can't remember the name of the guy with the red hair, but he seemed very capable.

Ademeno/Ademena? and Ming don't look like they'll be challenging the first team any time soon.

The goals: 1st one was an excellent 30-35 yard drive from JCR who had drifted into the centre. Second was a cooly taken header (Bentley?) from an excellent JCR cross after he beat his man on the wing and sent it flying in.

Had it not been such a warm day, there would still have been plenty to warm the cockles.

Thoroughly enjoyable game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 13 2005,16:37)]Against the mighty Cobblers Reserves, can we not wait to pass judgement? We seem very excited about this signing but he was not on my radar either.
Indeed it was against the mighty Cobblers Reserves, but this fella looks GREAT - and there's nothing wrong with getting excited about a player. Isn't that why we watch football?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Sep. 13 2005,16:30)]Can't remember the name of the guy with the red hair, but he seemed very capable.
Nick Skelton. He was very highly regarded indeed a couple of years back, with a couple of Championship sides sniffing around him, but he spent the most part of last year out with a bad injury. From what I've heard he could be a very decent player if he can recover from last season.

Sounds good about Campbell-Ryce. I do like a tricky and flash skilful winger, well, apart from C Ronaldo that is. With him on one side and Cole on the other with Freddy up front we could have one of the most skilful and tricky attacks around. Teams aren't going to enjoy facing 2 wingers like that though, especially as it's an absolute rarity for a team to have 2 old fashioned speedy wingers in their team.

Thanks for the thoughts though, it's nice for the likes of me who can't get to them to know what happened from a fans point of view.
smile.gif

FE was terrible today. Really not interested.

Juppy was more interested in going forward rather than defending.

Bart made a few good saves and had a good game. Looks very sharp.

Wright had a stinker.

Chadded, listen to ORM, he has managerial experience. He therefore clearly knows his stuff.

ps ORM, what's SZ's record?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 13 2005,20:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Sep. 13 2005,21:23)]And I'd have Benno in the first team ahead of Guttridge.
Which is why you are a supporter and not the manager (thank God)
laugh.gif
Yeah but no but yeah but no but yea but

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 13 2005,21:28)]Chadded, listen to ORM, he has managerial experience. He therefore clearly knows his stuff.

ps ORM, what's SZ's record?
Played 0 W 0 D 0 L 0

Everything that has happened before this Sunday coming is irrelevant.
laugh.gif

Last year, new club, new friends, getting better each week, winner of Div 6 Fair Play Award.

This year, some new players, new coach, pre-season results against tough opposition suggesting good times ahead, players believing in themselves (at last). Now sit back and watch this space !

The Dick Bate label next to my name will soon be consigned to the waste bin.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 13 2005,17:37)]Against the mighty Cobblers Reserves, can we not wait to pass judgement? We seem very excited about this signing but he was not on my radar either.
We all know what Eastwood is capable of, but look at the reports on him against the mighty Cobblers rerves!

JCR produced the goods, and that's good enough for me to now.

And maybe he escaped your radar and my radar because, unlike Tilly... we are not professional footblall managers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 14 2005,09:47)]Just never heard of him which is unusual as seem to recognise most names mentioned on here,etc.

Happy birthday aswell!
Seeing as you were so nice, I will see your point 100%.

biggrin.gif

Thanks

Back