• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper Zoo

Roots Hall ne'er-do-wells were treated to sometng long since forgotten in first team circles - an abject performance and defeat.

With players like Jenks, Husbands, Steve Clark and Jimmy Corbett perhaps playing for their futures it was extremely disappointing to see them go through the motions, half a yard off the pace and second to every ball.

We were 2-0 down midway through the first half and never seriously threatened their keeper.  Long range efforts were the best we could do.

The only players to come out of the sorry affair of a match with any credit were Craig Holloway in goal, Jimmy Corbett, Jermiele Joghnsn in the first half and Magdoire Makasi in the second.  The rest?  Well, they may as well have stayed at Boots & Laces for all they were worth.

The only interesting pointers were Tilly, all suited and booted, looking very pleased with himsef, having arrived after kick-off.  It looked as if Dean Austin was taking charge of the team.

Tilly was also in deep conversation with Garry Hill.  If he was trying to offload some of our reserves onto Hornchurch, his task was made more or less impossible.  

And, very interestingly, he was also seen in deep conversation with an apparent stranger but who was later positively identified as the agent of Alan Fettis, Hull's reserve and Nothern Ireland international keeper.

Oh, and the latest reserve rumour is that the team itself is being scr.apped next season.  After today's performance, I'd have thought they'd been scr.apped long ago.

Alan Fettis........interesting! Hasn't he been on loan somewhere higher thatn the third recently?

I really hope the reserves aren't scr*pped. How will those returning from injury get any match practise!? How will we try out new trialists?!

It may save the club some money short term but I honestly think this is a very bad idea!!

Didn't someone try and do this before? Was it during our freefall or when Webb was in charge in one of his earlier incarnations?

I'll do what I normally do. Stay in and watch Des & Mel, old re-runs of Cheers and Countdown until my nice fat giro arrives. Then it's a shopping spree at Lidl's.

Well, if the DWP want to pay me £300+ a week for waking up at 10, ****ing around on the pc and going down my local rather than work who am I to argue? The oft-quoted cliche "it's better than working for a living' is especially true.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 21 2004,16:49)]The only interesting pointers were Tilly, all suited and booted, looking very pleased with himsef, having arrived after kick-off.  It looked as if Dean Austin was taking charge of the team.
Huh?

Thought Deano was running a fitness club somewhere.

rock.gif

V. confused.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 21 2004,16:49)]Craig Holloway , Jermiele Joghnsn and Magdoire Makasi.
who are these three??!! anyone got any info??..
rock.gif

Craig Holloway is the youth keeper at Arsenal. I'm pretty certain he was one of their Youth Cup winning side, and he's also been on the bench for their first team in the Champions League. I'm sure he'd be a decent signing, although so would Fettis. I think the likely outcome with either of those would be if Flavs leaves, then there'd be a chance of Fettis coming, but if Flavs stays then it'd be Holloway.

Can't see us signing either to be honest though.

Can anyone who was at the game today give us a detailed opinion on the trial players?

Not unless we get special permission from the FA to sign Holloway, no.

Why hasn't there been any explanation as to where Robinson is? Very strange.
rock.gif

Ryan was there today. He is though, I understand, on loan at a Ryman League side, and it was felt it'd be more beneficial for both parties for him to stay on loan and us to look at trialists.

Of the trialists, Holloway, Jermiele Johnson and Magdoir Makasi done themselves no harm but the others, well ....

rock.gif

What about the fact that Dean Austin was taking charge of the reserve side? Am I the only person who is intrigued by this - given that I didn't understand the club to have any formal links with Deano?

What's the inside line on this, folks?

rock.gif

Matt

Back