• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prosser is a top notch defender , he was head & shoulders our best defender this season up until the Port Vale game , where he was unsettled playing against the team he just left & was basically bullied by the thug Richards . The fact that a few idiotic 'so called fans' started having a go at him surely didnt help the young lad. This boy is class , and i think will be a long term great player for Southend... reminds me of Glenn Roeder at his peak .,.. so lay off him , give him a chance + he will proove that he is a great defender when his confidence comes back . Having said that , Mohsni + Barker do look a good combination at the moment. Blue Army !!!!!!

Prosser is a top notch defender , he was head & shoulders our best defender this season up until the Port Vale game , where he was unsettled playing against the team he just left & was basically bullied by the thug Richards . The fact that a few idiotic 'so called fans' started having a go at him surely didnt help the young lad. This boy is class , and i think will be a long term great player for Southend... reminds me of Glenn Roeder at his peak .,.. so lay off him , give him a chance + he will proove that he is a great defender when his confidence comes back . Having said that , Mohsni + Barker do look a good combination at the moment. Blue Army !!!!!!

Coming from the same person who said this about James Walker....

Why do people still slag off Walker ? With improved confidence ( thats up to us fans ) he really can be better than Theo Robinson... for me he is one of the few exciting players that can take a defender apart with his skill .... + lets face it in our new solid, wing-less formation we need every bit of creative ability on the pitch we can get
Forgive me if I don't take your assumption of Prosser as golden

EDIT: before I start a war of the words, I best say this is said light-heartedly :)

Last edited:
Coming from the same person who said this about James Walker....

Forgive me if I don't take your assumption of Prosser as golden

Danburyshrimper's comments on both Prosser and Walker seem fair enough to me.

The only thing I'd alter would be to change the "is" to "could be".

Danburyshrimper's comments on both Prosser and Walker seem fair enough to me.

The only thing I'd alter would be to change the "is" to "could be".

Walker had enough opportunites. Even for the ressies he was crap.

FWIW I actually think Prosser played well against West Ham, and was steady enough against Stockport. But for some reason he collapsed against Vale, and was rightly hooked and dropped. Can he get back into 1st team contention? Can't see it tbh. Not yet anyway. As you said "could be" is the key here.

Walker had enough opportunites. Even for the ressies he was crap.

FWIW I actually think Prosser played well against West Ham, and was steady enough against Stockport. But for some reason he collapsed against Vale, and was rightly hooked and dropped. Can he get back into 1st team contention? Can't see it tbh. Not yet anyway. As you said "could be" is the key here.

Confidence is/was the key for both players.

Prosser looked good against Brizzle City too.

Regarding yesterdays game, as people have said that winger wasn't playing which was a shame. Spencer isn't a target man at all and struggled. Everyone was pretty average, Kane Ferdinand seemed alright when he came on.

The only real shining light regarding that game was Stevens who I hadn't seen before today. At half time he had some pot shots at goal and I think hit the bar 5 times out of 6 or something like that. Got a great technique on him and can spray a pass or hit a set-piece. The thing that will be interesting is how he is defensively. I can't comment from yesterday as I really wasn't paying much attention to the game, it wasn't all that, but if he's got a defensive side to him aswell as his clear scholes like attacking ability he could certainly be a player for us, if he's not snapped up by someone else before.

Maybe. I won't comment too much on Prosser yet, as he's only played a few games. Whereas Walker, granted was low on confidence, but really seemed to lack a footballing brain.

True, but could still have been a productive player for us (cf Gray, Wayne). Indeed, he was a productive player when he first joined us and the Barnard-Walker partnership helped get us into the play-offs.

A few stamina issues aside, Prosser looked very impressive in the handful of games I saw him play up until a 45 minute horror show against his old club. He was a pleasant surprise. Phillips looks average and that's not necessarily a bad thing. He could certainly do a job in this division (and probably league one), but looks to me the most likely victim of the strength in depth we belatedly have at this position.

Back