• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reserves

Currently 5th.....yeh, right, so well on track to go up....
No doubt Wolves would like to make the top 4-6 of the Prem for a CL / Europa Cup entry for next season yet they manage to field a strong X1 week after week, have one of the smallest squads in the league and played more matches already this season than most other sides....

They've got what amounts to a bye into the next round this season (against Espanyol). :Cry:

I was at the game and TBH I didn't hear any racist chanting.I certainly did on TV 3 news on Saurday night though and while I'm not condoning it it came from only a small minoriry of home fans behind the goal.What I did see just before the game was what looked like a pitched battle between 30/50 Espanyol and Bilbao fans at the bottom of the Rambla in Cornellà.Saw bottles ,chairs and a cafe table top thrown.Frightening.

The prospect of Liverpool resting their players in the FA Cup – the oldest national football competition in the world – and the manager opting to miss the match too has been met with fury by Holt, with the outspoken chairman of League Two Accrington taking aim at Klopp over his boycott plans.

In a series of posts on Twitter, he wrote: “He’s a disgrace. I’ll never understand why top clubs and top @premierleague players don’t stand up and stay united with clubs and players further down the pyramid. This is pure selfishness of the highest degree. I’d drag myself out of bed to play the replay. Because it’s the right thing to do.

“I wouldn’t give a **** how tired I was. I’d do the right thing. I’d give a bit back instead of being a grasping, selfish type. We spoke about the @EmiratesFACup and how top @premierleague
would rather be playing exhibition matches in China building their profits and brands.

“That’s why @FA were considering significantly increasing the first prizes far more than the earlier rounds proportionately. We have only just given up 5th round replays…. They’re back for 4th round replays… They join in the 3rd.

“Jurgen LFC, you’re embarrassing yourself. Your tarnishing your reputation. Rethink where you go from here. You’re killing @EmiratesFACup. There’s calls to kill @Carabao_Cup You’re killing us.”

How about this then. The draw for the next round is tonight. Lets say it comes out that the winner of the replay between Liverpool and Shrewsbury are drawn away at a club in severe financial difficulties. Liverpool are going to play even more kids they said in the replay. So a fair chance Shrewsbury will win. They should have won last night, But for Liverpool's goalie. Denying the unknown home club a much bigger possible payout, especially if shown on TV. The TV companies won't show the match if it's against Shrewsbury, and rightly so.

The prospect of Liverpool resting their players in the FA Cup – the oldest national football competition in the world – and the manager opting to miss the match too has been met with fury by Holt, with the outspoken chairman of League Two Accrington taking aim at Klopp over his boycott plans.

In a series of posts on Twitter, he wrote: “He’s a disgrace. I’ll never understand why top clubs and top @premierleague players don’t stand up and stay united with clubs and players further down the pyramid. This is pure selfishness of the highest degree. I’d drag myself out of bed to play the replay. Because it’s the right thing to do.

“I wouldn’t give a **** how tired I was. I’d do the right thing. I’d give a bit back instead of being a grasping, selfish type. We spoke about the @EmiratesFACup and how top @premierleague
would rather be playing exhibition matches in China building their profits and brands.

“That’s why @FA were considering significantly increasing the first prizes far more than the earlier rounds proportionately. We have only just given up 5th round replays…. They’re back for 4th round replays… They join in the 3rd.

“Jurgen LFC, you’re embarrassing yourself. Your tarnishing your reputation. Rethink where you go from here. You’re killing @EmiratesFACup. There’s calls to kill @Carabao_Cup You’re killing us.”
Why can't we have a chairman like that?

Shrewsbury boss Sam Ricketts says Jurgen Klopp’s controversial call to rest his Liverpool stars tonight has cost the League One club £500,000.

The League One club head to Anfield this evening for their FA Cup fourth-round replay after holding Liverpool 2-2 at New Meadow.

But neither Reds manager Klopp nor his star-studded Premier League leaders will be there as they are on their winter break, so Under-23 boss Neil Critchley is fielding a side.

Ticket prices have been slashed to £15 for adults and £1 for kids and the tie is not televised so the visitors also miss out on a £75,000 FA live broadcast fee per club.

Shrewsbury boss Sam Ricketts says Jurgen Klopp’s controversial call to rest his Liverpool stars tonight has cost the League One club £500,000.

The League One club head to Anfield this evening for their FA Cup fourth-round replay after holding Liverpool 2-2 at New Meadow.

But neither Reds manager Klopp nor his star-studded Premier League leaders will be there as they are on their winter break, so Under-23 boss Neil Critchley is fielding a side.

Ticket prices have been slashed to £15 for adults and £1 for kids and the tie is not televised so the visitors also miss out on a £75,000 FA live broadcast fee per club.

I'm sure Liverpool will do the decent thing and give Shrewsbury extra money. Failing that, then Shrewsbury should be motivated to win the game and will be a lot better of anyway.

Klopp now praising his Liverpool kids whilst him and the proper team are on holiday. But there's no way he will play those kids to get thrashed and humiliated against Chelsea in the next round.

Klopp now praising his Liverpool kids whilst him and the proper team are on holiday. But there's no way he will play those kids to get thrashed and humiliated against Chelsea in the next round.
Hne should be made too by the FA ,aas a punishment for the disrespect he has shown both to Shrewsbury FCand to the sponsors of the FA Cup The Emirates

FA cup has no now significance to the Prem' clubs - there's not enough money. Make the prize £100 million, then see the kids in the first team? I doubt it. :Angry:

The FA should charge all the Premiership Clubs a massive fee to enter the FA Cup as this is the oldest and most famous national football competition in the World.

The FA should charge all the Premiership Clubs a massive fee to enter the FA Cup as this is the oldest and most famous national football competition in the World.
I suspect if they did that none of the premier league sides would bother with it, at which point it would have about as much prestige as the Checkatrade Trophy.

How about the FA force the same rules on Prem sides that we have to follow in the EFL Trophy, a certain percentage of the team that played the previous premier league game has to be selected or they get fined with any proceeds going to a mental health charity or something similar.

How about the FA force the same rules on Prem sides that we have to follow in the EFL Trophy, a certain percentage of the team that played the previous premier league game has to be selected or they get fined with any proceeds going to a mental health charity or something similar.

Does that include long suffering League One and Two clubs?

Back