• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reserves

giphy.gif

Liverpool reserves and yooths have been truly awful this second half. Mistake after mistake.

Wish their first team was like that. They’re going to be unbearable when they win the premier league. Even worse if they manage to go unbeaten.

Incredible comeback by Shrewsbury

I can only dream of our bunch of no hopers ever showing anywhere near the guts and determination they showed.

Makes it all seem quite depressing that we have absolutely nothing to cheer about for so long!

I am honestly beginning to forget what it’s like to feel any joy in watching a Southend performance.

My point was that the BBC have been going on all week about this match. Saying the little club versus the best club team in the World. Klopp said he will take it seriously. Tickets on the black market were exchanging hands for a couple of hundred. Then everyone gets mugged off as he rests 11 players. He didn't need to rest them all, as it's not even a close title race.

And Klopp has now said it will be the youth team in the replay and the u23 manager will be in charge! Disgraceful if you ask me

I hate the way some of the big clubs behave in this competition. I sincerely hope Shrewsbury beat them.

Same rules should apply as do to us in the Checkatrade - there should be a maximum number of changes allowed, perhaps 6?

Liverpool should receive no TV money for disrespecting the FA Cup. Mind you, if it was purely down to the BBC, they would hand over money for all TV games to Liverpool, such is their nauseating bias shown to them.

At least we got a draw with the real European Champions in 1979.

The FA should rule that clubs who disrespect the cup should play away from home. The live BBC TV money is the big earner....More than you get for the play-offs, including the final at Wembley.

Liverpool should receive no TV money for disrespecting the FA Cup. Mind you, if it was purely down to the BBC, they would hand over money for all TV games to Liverpool, such is their nauseating bias shown to them.

Not really.

Did you know that since Jan 2005 every Man U FA Cup match has been shown live on TV? I'm sure they really need the money.

Very surprised Brentford dumbed down their side against Leicester and played not one of their recognized strikers.

Very surprised Brentford dumbed down their side against Leicester and played not one of their recognized strikers.

Brentford are currently 5th in the championship. One season in the PL means at least a £200m pay day, including the 3 years parachute payments.

I'm surprised they didn't rest more players. Money is absolutely everything in Football. Us fans have allowed it and we are the only ones who can stop it.....But none of us want to

To be fair to Liverpool, the replay is scheduled to be when the winter break is in force, so they're only following the guidelines laid down by the FA....

Disregarding the blatant bias shown to Liverpool, there are other reasons why they or their manager don't endear themselves to fans of football.
Klopp throwing his toys out of the pram regarding the replay being in their "winter break".
1) if he had played his first team, the chances are he wouldn't need a replay
2) If he took it more seriously, the FA Cup could be done and dusted in 6 games between January and May. The ludicrously long Champions League involves 6 group games before Christmas (more if pre-qualifying), and a potential further 7 in the new year.
3) I didn't hear Klopp moan about flying out to the so-called "World Club Championship" in December, which involved seven sides, one of whom was only in it as they were hosting the event.
Hardly prestigious, particularly as half the sides would struggle in the English Championship.

I would like to show Mr Klopp the fixture list over Easter 1972 for Southend United. We played on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. Most players played in all 3 games and we used a "squad" of 14.

Truly we are in the snowflake age.

To be fair to Klopp it sounds like he'd given everyone a week off because of the winter break, I'm not sure if I was in his shoes I'd like to tell the squad that their plans to visit family back home that week have to be cancelled so that they can play Shrewsbury, especially since the FA apparently told clubs previously they'd respect the winter break so the replay date probably wasn't expected. Not sure why Klopp can't coach the match though.

Last edited:
Brentford are currently 5th in the championship. One season in the PL means at least a £200m pay day, including the 3 years parachute payments.

I'm surprised they didn't rest more players. Money is absolutely everything in Football. Us fans have allowed it and we are the only ones who can stop it.....But none of us want to

Currently 5th.....yeh, right, so well on track to go up....
No doubt Wolves would like to make the top 4-6 of the Prem for a CL / Europa Cup entry for next season yet they manage to field a strong X1 week after week, have one of the smallest squads in the league and played more matches already this season than most other sides....

Back