• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reshuffle

MK Shrimper

Striker
Dangerous Dave is obviously desperate for the women's vote as he seems to be stocking up on a few female cabinet members..... Happy days that the car crash that was Michael Gove has gone. :happy:

I find it odd that a couplemof senior ministers have either stepped down or been moved to less important roles, since the scandal involving ministers and children has become knowledgeable. Im not saying they were involved but just find it weird.

I'm currently scanning the sky to see when the mothership turns up for Gove. They should have come earlier as he's never really suited this planet.

Cameron's women...nothing to get excited about. These are tory women, remember, all humanity surgically removed. I wonder if he'll make them wear baseball caps or Smiths t-shirts. So exciting.

Gove is highly regarded at Tory HQ and even within the Department of Education (I'm friends with someone in the department)- and his replacement is anti-abortion, anti-same sex marriage and pro-homeopathy. His move to Chief Whip is interesting.

Ken Clarke finally resigning is a good thing. He's a big hitter but at 74 he's not exactly for the future.

Hague was always on way out no surprise there.

What was a surprise was Grant and Warsi staying - they've been disasters all round. But as POC women, they're in on tokenism.

Gutted for Willetts who is a decent cove.

No real views on other replacements.

I find it odd that a couplemof senior ministers have either stepped down or been moved to less important roles, since the scandal involving ministers and children has become knowledgeable. Im not saying they were involved but just find it weird.

It's not weird. The election campaign is about to start in earnest. The scandal focusses on ministers from eons ago, and these guys haven't been around that long.

From the BBC:

Downing Street is talking up Mr Gove's new role, which will see him leading the fight against Labour in the general election campaign.

"You should expect to see a great deal of Michael Gove on your TV and radio channels," said the prime minister's official spokesman.

Firstly, god help us all. Secondly, if they're talking it up, then it is obvious that it's a relegation and that he isn't happy.

Gove is highly regarded at Tory HQ and even within the Department of Education (I'm friends with someone in the department)- and his replacement is anti-abortion, anti-same sex marriage and pro-homeopathy. His move to Chief Whip is interesting.

Jesus H Christ, just when you thought it couldn't get worse than Gove..... :stunned:

Clarke is around 75 now, so no real surprise and is also very much a Europhile. Hague in his previous role was rumoured to have gone a little bit "Native" so as like Clarke no real shock with an election coming up that could well be partly based on EU referendum.

Never saw that coming with Hague I have to say. Not sure if Hammond is the right choice but saying that he hardly put a foot wrong at Defence. Gove becoming chief whip could be interesting.

Gove certainly isn't highly regarded by anyone I know in teaching,including myself.

The new equalities minister (Nicky Morgan - also minister for education as mentioned above) voted against same sex marriage:sad:

With a year until the GE this reshuffle stinks of tokenism.

See that creep Ian Duncan Smith (I come from a rich family and will tread on you poor people ) kept his job .

A lot of the press are majoring on Gove going with the headlines that it is to create a better relationship with the Public Sector. If that is the case what about moving Francis Maude. Now there is an odious git!!

Back