• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Residents Only Parking off Vic Ave

while living down a private road, i agree it is annoying when people park there that shouldnt, but then i pay a premium already, and certain ground charges for that privaledge.
I always get annoyed about the idea of people being given permits to park on a road that is public. I mean, isnt that what we pay road tax, MOTs and insurance for, to use any part of the road, and to park somewhere that isnt deemed unsafe (ie double yellows)?

Would you want people parking outside your house on Saturdays?

No, but then I wouldn't choose to live in close proximity to a large sporting stadium or shopping mall that would attract this kind of parking. You know as well as I how well the parking restrictions work around Benfleet station, that is what I'm saying they should have done here.

However, i see the other side of things... everyone pays road tax you know, and i become frustrated when i can't park my Lambo down roads with permit holders!

No, but then I wouldn't choose to live in close proximity to a large sporting stadium or shopping mall that would attract this kind of parking. You know as well as I how well the parking restrictions work around Benfleet station, that is what I'm saying they should have done here.

Unless of course its a couple , one who drives to work and one who either walks into Southend or to the railway station.

There was many a day when I lved in Napier Avenue that I could not park outside my own flat, the rest of the time when I could get a space outside, the meters were operational and it would have cost.

We used to have to park 3 roads away

Of course if people used public transport like they did when these houses were built it would all be a mute point.

I am thinking of setting up my self providing Brompton cycles to the commuters who are affected and provide information on the Cycle to Work benefit companies have to provide.

BTW S2TC why do you not use the c2c line?

Well, as many of you know, i live down one of these roads. It's great, i pay 15 quid a year, and i can park down my road. It's fantastic.

I used to not be able to come home for lunch, which was a nightmare, as i tend to spend a lot of money in the pub otherwise...

Stupid ****ing commuters **** me off..

Anyway, pay 250 quid, and you can have one of the business bays... if not - stop moaning..

I can understand frustration as not always getting space down your own road, I would be the same.

Honestly though, you live a five minute walk from two train stations and you complain about commuters....what do you expect??

I wasn't really moaning, I was asking what other Zoners affected by this sudden change were going to do now.

Back