• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Residents Only Parking off Vic Ave

I am sure this is affecting a few of you, who like me, park in Colchester Road or similar and then walk to Southend Vic to go to work.

Now they have ridiculously made this residents only parking between 9am and 6pm Mon-Sat, where will you go??

Last edited:
I am sure this is affecting a few of you, who like me, park in Colchester Road or similar and then walk to Southend Vic to go to work.

Now they have ridiculously made this residents only parking between 9am and 6pm Mon-Fri, where will you go??

Absolutely ridiculous allowing residents to park in in their road and come and go without it turning into a car park for nearby workers ?

Now they have ridiculously made this residents only parking between 9am and 6pm Mon-Fri, where will you go??

A car park perhaps?

I wouldn't fancy living down Vic Ave to be honest, as it's a very popular toilet area for drunkards and transients.

Which reminds me, if anyone finds a clipper lighter down there, quite possibly next to a world record-breaking stool, please PM me.

Kind Regards

Last edited:

Pay you cheapskate! Perhaps our council tax will go down then!

Absolutely ridiculous allowing residents to park in in their road and come and go without it turning into a car park for nearby workers ?

I didn't know that when you bought a house you automatically got a piece of tarmac outside it too?!

I didn't know that when you bought a house you automatically got a piece of tarmac outside it too?!

thats brilliant, using the word 'Tarmac' in reply to someone called 'Mick' :clap:

Threw us rather as we'd been parking in Colchester Road for matches. Very sneaky last home game - all residents or business licence holder parking, however, we did manage to park quite easily in Gainsborough Drive.

But be honest - if any of us lived there we would be clamouring for Residents Only parking.

noparkingnoreally.jpg

But be honest - if any of us lived there we would be clamouring for Residents Only parking.

noparkingnoreally.jpg

Ah come on Tom, if you buy a house in a street backing onto a football ground then you kind of know what to expect on Saturdays! What I want to know is what happens to the charges at the car parks if we're going to be forced to use them once Roots Hall is closed for parking. At the moment it costs £4 for the match and £4.50 on the meters along Vic Ave.

Threw us rather as we'd been parking in Colchester Road for matches. Very sneaky last home game - all residents or business licence holder parking, however, we did manage to park quite easily in Gainsborough Drive.

The original poster stated the time was 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Could you not park there on Saturday?

I noticed the traffic wardens had been out during the last home game & slapped a ticket on a Blue Badge holders car for parking part on the double yellows at the bottom of Shakespeare Drive. It looked like the driver had not displayed the time thing correctly.

The original poster stated the time was 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Could you not park there on Saturday?

I noticed the traffic wardens had been out during the last home game & slapped a ticket on a Blue Badge holders car for parking part on the double yellows at the bottom of Shakespeare Drive. It looked like the driver had not displayed the time thing correctly.

Oh how you doubt yourself when someone asks a question like this!!! I'm 99% sure it said Saturdays as well, and certainly all the roads would seem to have borne this out with plenty of empty bays.

Oh how you doubt yourself when someone asks a question like this!!! I'm 99% sure it said Saturdays as well, and certainly all the roads would seem to have borne this out with plenty of empty bays.

Just checked Southend Council website and yes it is Monday to Saturday 8.30am to 6.30pm. So cant even park there early for evening games. Not that I park over that way.

Well, as many of you know, i live down one of these roads. It's great, i pay 15 quid a year, and i can park down my road. It's fantastic.

I used to not be able to come home for lunch, which was a nightmare, as i tend to spend a lot of money in the pub otherwise...

Stupid ****ing commuters **** me off..

Anyway, pay 250 quid, and you can have one of the business bays... if not - stop moaning..

Also, i have hundreds of Visitor permits, if anyone wants one, PM me with a good offer and we can do business.

Well, as many of you know, i live down one of these roads. It's great, i pay 15 quid a year, and i can park down my road. It's fantastic.

I used to not be able to come home for lunch, which was a nightmare, as i tend to spend a lot of money in the pub otherwise...

Stupid ****ing commuters **** me off..

Anyway, pay 250 quid, and you can have one of the business bays... if not - stop moaning..

That's fine J, got no problem with it during the week - although they could probably just have done it for say, 10 a.m. to midday and stopped the commuters just as effectively. But Saturdays.......matchdays......?

That's fine J, got no problem with it during the week - although they could probably just have done it for say, 10 a.m. to midday and stopped the commuters just as effectively. But Saturdays.......matchdays......?

Would you want people parking outside your house on Saturdays?

Luckily my road in Benfleet has parking restrictions Monday-Saturday robustly enforced by the Castle Point parking STASI (who even managed to give a parking ticket to a visiting midwife) so I don't have to worry about such things.

Last edited:
Back