• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Microbe

Genetically modified⭐⭐
Having just looked at the fixtures and table for the rest of this season we seem to have a challenging next 6 weeks, playing most of the divisions top teams BUT then for the rest of the season we have games against mid table teams and a run at the current bottom 6 in the last month and a half.

Looks like we could have a good end to the season if we can keep performing well and stay in contention over the next 6 weeks.

I think a good January window, not too many changes, with a couple of good additions will be key.

Sorry for the positive vibe, I have not forgotten this is Shrimpermoan :winking:

Happy New Year All!

UTB

I agree. Really think we can give it a good go if we can keep up this level of performance.

Think Brown needs to be very careful in the January transfer window that he gets people in who can maintain or contribute to the amazing team spirit at the moment.

I would be happy to see us get through January without losing anyone. Not bothered about signings.

Some scouts are there to watch for tactical reasons because their club are playing us next week. Lately we have had a few of the scouts who are their to watch individual players.

Based on last seasons final table we need 74 points to a achieve a play off position, meaning we need 37 from our next 23...

Given our poor start and that we are now on form and have a much improved squad this is surely do-able. Last season Barnsley were in the bottom 6 at this stage on 24 points, they managed 74 points, won the play offs and are now 10th in the Championship

85 points target is what we should aspire to really, and top 2 ! Next 5 games are critical (and the 5 after that, and the next 5...)

Probably one of your most profound posts of 2016 mrsb. Happy New Year, here's to an enjoyable 2017 where we can throw insults at each other again.

Agreed bloke....roll on next year.

Happy new year to you and the Mrs .

You'll have difficulty in making stats form one game.....Are you going today?

Sitting here with a temp of 38 feeling rotten...the other 3 are going though...hope the club gives me a refund when they collect tickets.

Sitting here with a temp of 38 feeling rotten...the other 3 are going though...hope the club gives me a refund when they collect tickets.

The decent thing would be to let Ron keep it. Might help in the January window

Next five league games are against five of the six sides above us.

Bring it on! :happy:

Plus the 5 matches is against teams that will attack us at Root Hall, rather than facing teams that will pack out their defences for a draw.

I think the team has done very well and lets hope it continues. I think a couple of extra bodies would be an asset. Quality over quantity has paid dividends but I suspect the recent rush of games is starting to tell on some of them. No lack of effort but a seeming lack of the high octane energy performances previously. Saturday is going to come quickly for some.

With a fair wind we may continue to be in the mix. UTB

I think the month of January could just about define our season, a good run of results against the teams above us is important,as others also challenging for playoff positions will almost certainly have to face these sides also,We can get through these fixtures against the teams above us we will be poised nicely for a run home and a minimum a playoff position and a chance at Wembley glory again.:happy:

The next 5 games are against teams that are above us , and given that there are only 6 , it shows what a tough run we have to come now.
I think our form and style has been excellent in recent months ( 12 unbeaten I think ? ) , but I also thought we looked a bit off the pace against Charlton and by all accounts the same yesterday.
Yes I know that other teams will also be facing the same hectic fixture congestion , so fatigue ( if that's what it is ) should not be an excuse as it applies to all teams.
I sincerely hope we come through this next group of games with a decent tally of points , but given the form of those teams and the fact that we have dipped slightly , I do have big concerns.
We have an excellent first 11 , but don't think we have the personnel to 'freshen things up' and still maintain the momentum.
Whilst I also think our home form has been very good , we also need to be mindful of these top sides hitting us on the break 'if' we adopt the attitude that we should force the issue at home ( not sure Phil will do this though as despite our success , I still think he is a relatively cautious Manager and prefers not to get beaten ).
Anyway , all a bit pessimistic from me , despite witnessing the best football for a number of years in recent months.

Sheff Utd ( home )
Rochdale ( home )
Bolton ( home )
Fleetwood ( away )
Scunthorpe ( home )

Points predictions please from these 5.
Mine is 7

^^^^^
Three draws and two wins from the five, wins against Rochdale and Bolton.
9 points and the run goes on............................:angel:

I think 7 points sounds about right, we have been playing well but these are a real tough set of fixtures. We also wont have McLaughlin for some, if not all of these games which will be a big blow.

Back