• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Restaurant Recommendation needed

Pubey

Taking my Grandparents out next Saturday evening for their 80th birthdays. Need a nice restaurant to take them too. Not ridiculously expensive, a nice pub would be ideal. Are the pubs down in Paglesham still good?

Cheers guys. pubes xx

The Plough and Sail still has a good rep food wise Jon, although I have not been there myself for a few years.

The Plough and Sail was very good when I went there about a year ago - you will need to book though - it's very popular.

If you can't get in there, try the Shepherd & Dog just down the road, we went there recently and it was excellent.

The Cherry Tree has new owners and good menu well cooked.
The Royal Oak at Stambridge is very good too.
El Pescatore in Queens Road, Southend is always great italian food and family friendly.
Pipe of Port does classic British food with a slight twist.
Toulouse on the Western esplanade is another superb restaurant & great outlook.
Have a good time wherever you go.

If you fancy a bit of a drive try the White Harte in Burnham.

Great food, great beer and a nice walk on the seafront available as well.

The wing of skate with new potatoes is well worth the money.

Mains for four wouldn't set you back more than Fifty sheets.

Update: my price is based on the bar menu. There is a more extensive restaurant menu but I can't comment on prices.

Best to give them a ring.

Last edited:
The Cherry Tree has new owners and good menu well cooked.
The Royal Oak at Stambridge is very good too.
El Pescatore in Queens Road, Southend is always great italian food and family friendly.
Pipe of Port does classic British food with a slight twist.
Toulouse on the Western esplanade is another superb restaurant & great outlook.
Have a good time wherever you go.

Yeah royal oak is very nice

The Anchor at Hullbridge - very nice Pub/Restaurant with views of the river.

Yes - this! Really nice upmarket pub with food overlooking the river. a little fancy in food selection.

Yes - this! Really nice upmarket pub with food overlooking the river. a little fancy in food selection.

It's about time Hullbridge got an upmarket restaurant.

Hopefully it won't be long before they have a street circuit on the Formula One calendar.

Yeah the Plough and Cruise was very excellent when i went there about a season ago - you will need to guide though it's very well-known if you can't get in there try the Shepherd & Dog just in the future we went there lately and it was outstanding.

Yeah the Plough and Cruise was very excellent when i went there about a season ago - you will need to guide though it's very well-known if you can't get in there try the Shepherd & Dog just in the future we went there lately and it was outstanding.

1362775335_652496e2b8078ae9f38538857851f56e.jpg

Did you use the guide or did you go in the Tardis?

Plough and Sail was excellent last night. Excellent menu and food was great and big portions. Well recommend it. Definitely need to book though.

Back