• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Restaurant recommendations

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant in Chelmsford or on the way back from Chelmsford to Benfleet?

The Royal Tiger on the old A130 is meant to be good. Indian and Thai.

LordLumpington said:
The Royal Tiger on the old A130 is meant to be good. Indian and Thai.

For me, the focus would definitely on the meant to be here. Nice ambience with a large and varied menu given the Indian and Thai fusion, but both times I've been, the service has been poor and the food only average. It's relatively close for me and I love both Indian and Thai so I want this restaurant to be great. The Lee Sawyer of Indian/Thai restaurants I'm afraid - Championship potential with plenty of goodwill and interest, but ultimately Conference level in terms of commitment and class.

Balti king down moulsham street, looks shabby but the food is decent
In my experience, the more ropey the exterior, the better the food when it comes to Indian dining. All the poncey white walled/wood floored Indian's I've ever been in have served sub-standard food.

I have gone for the Rose of India for the sole reason that the meal is a treat for my seven year old son and they have his favoutite dish - Paneer Tikka (tandoori roasted indian cheese) on the menu.

The Balti King have no paneer dishes at all so I don't think they will be able to accommodate him. Will definitely give it a punt though next time.

I have gone for the Rose of India for the sole reason that the meal is a treat for my seven year old son and they have his favoutite dish - Paneer Tikka (tandoori roasted indian cheese) on the menu.

The Balti King have no paneer dishes at all so I don't think they will be able to accommodate him. Will definitely give it a punt though next time.

Excellent choice. Another good choice in Chelmsford is the Gurkha Nepalese Restaurant in Broomfield Road. Although, the staff can be slightly over-bearing in their friendliness.

As a Benfleet Resident it is just as easy to get to Chelmsford and there is so much more on offer than Southend or Leigh....

Has to be the Shima (now called the Shabash) in the Broadway. Within walking distance, good food and the owner went to Belfairs so may even have played football with Adam Barratt.

Out of the way but Mitalee in London Road (by hamlet ct) Westcliff is great, been a curry house since 1973.. There tandoor is charcole (most are gas now) seen a few players in there before, it rocks.

Back