• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
We must start looking like a team now and start playing like one.

How long do the club give him?

I would have Ricky Duncan as Manager tomorrow at least he gets the kids to play rather than hoof ball

Nice idea about playing the game "the right way" mate, but we simply don't have the quality in our squad to do it .. and probably not the money to oust Sturrock in any case

The futures bleak and we'll struggle until (and if ever) FF comes to pass (no pun intended)

I fear this season could mirror last seasons. Assistant coach gone with no replacement in sight (we were told Sturrock will shortly be making appointments...yeah right!). No goalkeeping coach, so basically Luggy doing it all himself and I am led to beleive he spends only a couple of days a week at the club and does very little. Tactically we have been hopeless in a lot of games, especially at home. Of course a lot of it isnt his fault, we dont have a pot to **** in and if people think we are going to make some good signings I think not! For a start we have to get people out first, thats a big problem in itself. We need experience, says Luggy, absolutely true, but experience costs money usually and we dont have any. Can see us selling our best player Granty like we sold Barney last year and the same people who said we wouldnt miss Barney will say we wont miss Granty. And slowly we will slide down the table, Luggy blaming the fans, the pitch, the weather, the boy Hall, etc. The fact is we cant afford to get rid of him, I would love Ricky Duncan to take over with maybe Maher or Andy Edwards as assistant but it wont happen.

Plenty of rumours about the security (or lack of) of Sturrock's position doing the rounds yesterday...

If Ron sacks Sturrock he would be making a massive mistake. Sturrock has built a squad in 3 weeks, what did people expect? We are skint and yet he has built a side capable of keeping us off the bottom, ok we are rubbish but not as rubbish as Hereford and Lincoln (sorry Tilly.) I don't think we could afford to sack Sturrock anyway. Give him some time, I have faith Sturrock will build a decent team by next year if he keeps his job (and we're still here, but right now it looks ok)

6 points out of every 12, which we have done the past few weeks, is okay with me if it could be sustained until the rest of the season. With the squad that was put together, consolidation was the only realitic target this season, which seems to be happening, as at no time have we become embroiled in the relegation scrap.

Management is, inevitably, a results orientated business, but those achieved so far this season suggest Paul Sturrock should not be put under any more pressure than he has been already.

I fear this season could mirror last seasons. Assistant coach gone with no replacement in sight (we were told Sturrock will shortly be making appointments...yeah right!). No goalkeeping coach, so basically Luggy doing it all himself and I am led to beleive he spends only a couple of days a week at the club and does very little. Tactically we have been hopeless in a lot of games, especially at home. Of course a lot of it isnt his fault, we dont have a pot to **** in and if people think we are going to make some good signings I think not! For a start we have to get people out first, thats a big problem in itself. We need experience, says Luggy, absolutely true, but experience costs money usually and we dont have any. Can see us selling our best player Granty like we sold Barney last year and the same people who said we wouldnt miss Barney will say we wont miss Granty. And slowly we will slide down the table, Luggy blaming the fans, the pitch, the weather, the boy Hall, etc. The fact is we cant afford to get rid of him, I would love Ricky Duncan to take over with maybe Maher or Andy Edwards as assistant but it wont happen.

Agreed and I think RM is relying on the fact there may be 2 worse teams than us in this league, after all..."We are to good to go down"

Agreed and I think RM is relying on the fact there may be 2 teams worse than us in this league so he does not have to worry, after all..."We are to good to go down"

I think we are all hoping that there are two worse teams in League 2 ! Did Sturrock ever sign a contract ?

If Ron sacks Sturrock he would be making a massive mistake. Sturrock has built a squad in 3 weeks, what did people expect? We are skint and yet he has built a side capable of keeping us off the bottom, ok we are rubbish but not as rubbish as Hereford and Lincoln (sorry Tilly.) I don't think we could afford to sack Sturrock anyway. Give him some time, I have faith Sturrock will build a decent team by next year if he keeps his job (and we're still here, but right now it looks ok)

Agree totally- can't even believe people believe we should get rid of him. He needs a season to build the team- judge him 10-15 games into next season. Extraordinary.

Agreed and I think RM is relying on the fact there may be 2 worse teams than us in this league, after all..."We are to good to go down"

My thoughts exactly. Brinkmanship has been RM's prefered method of running our club for a good while. Selling Barnard last year was a gamble that back-fired.............or did it? Was our chairman a clever little s*d, knowing that after relegation most of our contracted players would want out and he could replace them from the Pound Shop.

My thoughts exactly. Brinkmanship has been RM's prefered method of running our club for a good while. Selling Barnard last year was a gamble that back-fired.............or did it? Was our chairman a clever little s*d, knowing that after relegation most of our contracted players would want out and he could replace them from the Pound Shop.

I totally agree with this, I think it's all cunning plan... ( I think I missed a T out of cunning) No one in there right mind would do what he has done, if they wanted success for their club.

Have said before that I believe a time came last season when Ron decided relegation was needed to try and keep us afloat. Can,t believe the calls for Duncan!.We need Sturrock ,his experience and contacts to complete the job of building a team,not more problems

If anything were to get Sturrock sacked it would be poor home form coupled with unattractive football - and therefore poor home crowds. That being said, it's not Sturrocks fault that we're where we are in League 2, it's the effects of the mis-management over the last few years. Also, he only had 4 weeks to build a squad - if RM was going to sack tilson, it should have been done as soon as we were relegated and give the new manager the whole summer.

Back