• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retained List Announced.

On Dieng’s Instagram tonight

View attachment 15777
Fingers crossed means they're both off. Whilst I don't like this clear illustration of the damage to the club's reputation, I think it's fair to say that both we and they need a fresh start.

Out of interest, I wonder what's being waited for. Hopefully not wages. Apart from that, I'm not sure we owe either of them anything.

To be honest, I am over the whole Harry Lennon thing, Having said that, I would not care if both he and Dieng leave. Pretty average players, Dieng, whilst he can play in different positions, is bang average in all those positions too. I would rather have a player who is excellent in one position, then average in a few.
You're talking about our joint top scorer last season. :Winking:

To be honest, I am over the whole Harry Lennon thing, Having said that, I would not care if both he and Dieng leave. Pretty average players, Dieng, whilst he can play in different positions, is bang average in all those positions too. I would rather have a player who is excellent in one position, then average in a few.

Totally agree, he’s not a bad player or bloke on all accounts from what I’ve heard, but the way he seems to stroll about through two relegations angers me beyond belief. If he had the attitude of a Macca, Timlin or Lenny he’d be further up the pyramid more than likely. But a good utility player but I’d, as you say, have someone irreplaceable in any position than that. Epitomises the changes we need to make in playing staff. Quality not quantity.

I just see this, looks like Ron hasn’t paid the players. What a joke he is.
Can anyone see our new CEO tolerating these things if this is true? I can see him walking if Ron doesn't ensure he has the funds to run the club.

For those becoming excited about wages not being paid and wistfully talking of umbongo's just because of a cryptic instagram message I wouldn't get too concerned. Both players will be focussed on contract offers- Dieng is one of those offered and is no doubt hoping for a lot more than offered by "Uncle Ron", Lennon of course will be interested in his next employer (or if we will be offered something if he proves his fitness, and what is he beingbeing paid in the meantime). Always surprises me footballers post these things- especially as they no they will get "re-interpreted". There again footballers don't need to be very bright do they,,,

For those becoming excited about wages not being paid and wistfully talking of umbongo's just because of a cryptic instagram message I wouldn't get too concerned. Both players will be focussed on contract offers- Dieng is one of those offered and is no doubt hoping for a lot more than offered by "Uncle Ron", Lennon of course will be interested in his next employer (or if we will be offered something if he proves his fitness, and what is he beingbeing paid in the meantime). Always surprises me footballers post these things- especially as they no they will get "re-interpreted". There again footballers don't need to be very bright do they,,,

I’d have thought it’s probably more to do with the monies owed from the furlough period, which the players are contractually obliged to receive once they are sold or their contract expires.

I’d have thought it’s probably more to do with the monies owed from the furlough period, which the players are contractually obliged to receive once they are sold or their contract expires.
Maybe. Maybe not. As valid a guess as any other for sure. We don't know. Anyway all speculation. It would feel more comfortable if people weren't so keen to leap onto talk of wages not and paid, and umbongo's, at the very slightest opportunity. Any way will be a case of move on nothing to see here I'm sure.

Maybe. Maybe not. As valid a guess as any other for sure. We don't know. Anyway all speculation. It would feel more comfortable if people weren't so keen to leap onto talk of wages not and paid, and umbongo's, at the very slightest opportunity. Any way will be a case of move on nothing to see here I'm sure.

Almost like we have a history of it or something

For those becoming excited about wages not being paid and wistfully talking of umbongo's just because of a cryptic instagram message I wouldn't get too concerned.
Naturally there is no reason to think that we may ever be subject to an Umbongo as that would never happen to such a well run and efficient business as ours has been.

Hope beyond hope that with the new CEO we will start to become far more efficient in that type of circumstance and am certain that he must have received some guarantees in that regard prior to taking the role.

Exactly. Could easily be waiting for a better offer. As for players airing their laundry in public, after the **** they’ve put in the last couple of years, they can go do that somewhere else as far as I’m concerned. Ta ta lads. Thanks for nothing.

Exactly. Could easily be waiting for a better offer. As for players airing their laundry in public, after the **** they’ve put in the last couple of years, they can go do that somewhere else as far as I’m concerned. Ta ta lads. Thanks for nothing.
True but we are making assumptions and don't know the full context or indeed all the conversation in the thread. It is perfectly possible (as valid as any other theory) that Dieng was responding in the thread to say he was waiting for "Uncle Ron" to up the offer/respond. The emojis seem light hearted ones. As usual we will hang him first and then if its proved incorrect move on and pretend it never happened.

Dieng is one of the players PB wants to keep. And we know negotiations are progressing with a "number" of current players, We have been told often (maybe we listen, maybe we don't) that the expectation was retaining 10-12 of the current squad and bring in 8-10 new faces. So negotiations with Dieng and some others may very well be ongoing, and no doubt they all want more than we initially offer.

I watched Dieng miss 5 free headers in a row during that run of not scoring at home. Some of them were my personal most hated, the pathetic glance rather than back with power. At least hit the target.

Just a thought but if he Dieng could head in their 6 yd box and Harry could head in our 6yd box then we would still be Football league club and the whole squad would not be taking an automatic pay cut of 25%

Back