• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it time yet for my annual post where I ask the club to chose a shade of blue and style of kit and stick to it?

This is the club's branding and identity.

It should be something where people can identify it as Southend United without having to look at the badge. No changing the sleeves to white and then back to blue, no second shade of blue, no pinstripes, no changing the shorts or socks colour or white patches. Pick an identity and then stick with it. If it costs a bit more so be it. This is the club's identity.

We're pretty close to be fair.

I'm sure most fans would now identify us as a team who wear navy. I'm not bothered about the occasional dip in to pinstripes/chevrons etc - look back at the history of just about any side and they've had similar patterns without compromising their core identity. Liverpool in the 1980s (pinstripes) or Tottenham recently (blue sash) are two that immediately spring to mind.

Different sleeves don't fall in to that category though - we've had them twice in the last eight years and I wouldn't want to see their return. We also appear to have settled on white socks, with 2014/15 the only exception since 2009.

Three of the last four campaigns have seen us step out in navy/navy/white - hopefully we can settle on that now.

This maybe a daft question, but as a newbie are we 'blues' or 'shrimpers'? I prefer the latter but the club seem to use the former. Shrimpers seems a bit more specific, there are lots of blues after all, and of course this august and excellent forum is called Shrimperzone

This maybe a daft question, but as a newbie are we 'blues' or 'shrimpers'? I prefer the latter but the club seem to use the former. Shrimpers seems a bit more specific, there are lots of blues after all, and of course this august and excellent forum is called Shrimperzone

We're both.

We're the Seasiders, the Soul Survivors, the Blues, the Shrimpers, the Barmy Army
Nothing's gonna stop us now....

We were the Blues first. Old Pa Shrimper was 1930s.

ps fancy the first kit from 1906? Royal blue jerseys with black collars and cuffs and white knickers

We were the Blues first. Old Pa Shrimper was 1930s.

ps fancy the first kit from 1906? Royal blue jerseys with black collars and cuffs and white knickers

I love how they used to call them knickers. Also, I remember in my first sticker album (1984), 'socks' being referred to as 'stockings'. Saucy.

Back