• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro Shirts now available!

No no no, I always felt that custard splat shirt was an unlucky shirt for us blues.
Always liked the blue and yellow colour combination but not the custard splat.
That should also be relegated to all bad things SUFC.
Even thou I have still got the little rear view mirror man in the custard splat colours that I bought back in the ninties hanging from my Van's mirror, along with my blue and white SUFC fluffy dice.
NICE.

OK, I admit this is shameless opportunism, but it just had to be done. The latest shirt in the Shrimpers Trust Retro Shirts range is that Colly shirt!

Long or short sleeves? Name and number on the back (no extra cost)? Baby grow, junior, a treat for yourself or one for all the family? Plenty of choice and a size range that goes up to 7XL in case you've put on a pound or two since that 92/93 season.

Details are on the Trust website but the direct link to the buy option on the World Retro site is HERE

Lots of great reviews so far on the Retro range from happy Shrimpers, and this one brings up the choice to nine.

Cost is £35 (£31 for junior) so we think its decent value, and the Trust get a share from each sale from World Retro which is used to help fund the good work that the Trust does.

Stan-Collymore.jpg

20210820-Southend-United-1992-93-home-web-version.jpg

Can you post a picture of it when it arrives. I like to see the shirt (even in a picture) rather than a computer generated image. If it looks as good as the original then i'll get one too
Of course it’s says up to 4 weeks for delivery but will post as soon as it arrives

Can you post a picture of it when it arrives. I like to see the shirt (even in a picture) rather than a computer generated image. If it looks as good as the original then i'll get one too
Good idea. We have got World Retro to provide one to SVC too, hope to get a pic of him wearing it which will then allow you all to judge. Just hope I've got his size right!
This morning just modified the design with World Retro a little to get the collar and neck more accurate v the original compared to what is shown on the computer image. That includes the button which is a real faff for shirt producers but we try and get them to do as close to the original as poss (subject to copyright).

Correct, copyright issues with Beaver hence not on the shirt. But i personally think that the club badge, sponsor logo and the detailed neck/collar are enough to have as it is.
I'm lucky enough to have the original (ive seen a few others in them too) which i led the team out in at the start of Adam's last season with us. Proud moment that. Reckon im the tallest mascot in 115 years.
Will keep you all posted, hoping to fast track Colly's for shameless marketing reasons, tho sales already on this one are going really well
Have had a couple of requests to do the 68/69 one and the first Firholm one so will try and sort those in time for Xmas ordering.

Spent a little bit of time this morning looking for a size guide. It looks like it could be quite a tight fit judging by the gent wearing the custard splat shirt.

Scrolled through all the teams to, and saw AFC Wimbledon which got me excited. It would've been cool for their* supporters if they had their last Wimbledon shirt.

Last edited:
Spent a little bit of time this morning looking for a size guide. It looks like it could be quite a tight fit judging by the gent wearing the custard splat shirt.

Scrolled through all the teams to, and saw AFC Wimbledon which got me excited. It would've been cool for supporters if they had their last Wimbledon shirt.

HI Seaside, there is a size guide on the retro shirts thread on the Shrimpers Trust website - sizes go up to 7XL so that should cope for most. Not sure which pic you are looking at re the Splat, on this SZ thread in the pic from MTBD Tilly is wearing a Large size (which seemed to fit ok - he actually borrowed it that day from a fan so it wasn't his). So far we've had no issues re sizes, I take an XL in shirts and the 76-78 shirt I got in that size fits fine

Re the Wimbledon shirt and shirts in general, World Retro have the slogan 'any club any design, any year' so could i theory make up the last Wombles one, it just depends on what agreement is reached with the club. For Southend our club has agreed that the Trust can go ahead and organise whatever retro shirts we want to - the only issue being a minor one re kit manufacturer logos so for instance re the 92-93 'Colly' shirt we've designed it as per that original shirt but without the Beaver logo.

Cheers

The World Retro factory have just sent me the attached pic of the collar of a sample they've had run off - looks good to me and you can see that they'e captured te detail of what is actually quite a tricky shirt to do

Thanks to all for orders so far, I'll be pressing them now to get on with processing them.

Collar of Stan Collymore's sample IMG_20211018_095753 (1).jpg

Yes both to the Firholm ad the dark top late 60's one, already on our to do list and I hope in time for Xmas ordering, just gotta get a few other SUEPA/Trust things out of the way first.

Yo ho ho. UTB

Back