• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro Shirts now available!

I was looking at the Elonex Collymore short yesterday, thanking of asking the Mrs for it for Xmas.

I’d love for the 91-92 Hi-Tec shirt to be made, my first season supporting the Blues and my first replica shirt too.

There you go, turned.you right way up. Thanks for posting the pic.

Nice curtains.

Shirt looks good too, glad you are pleased with it.

Stan's is with the club to give to him. Maybe they'll use it as part of his new remuneration package. Anyway, in the meantime you can be the pin up if you like. Don't suppose you have a Twitter following approaching one million yo =u can tweet it on?

The Shrimpers Trust receive a share of each sale so every sale is helping the Trust ultimately help the club/fans in the work that it does

Just for info, as I've been asked elsewhere, this is some World Retro blub re the shirt material which I hope gives all some reassurance: "They are made from high quality polyester. The shirts are made with a sublimation process, which embodies the ink into the depth of the material rather than printing just onto the surface. The effect of that is that the colour stays sharp and bright for years, and names and numbers retain their integrity regardless of the number of wears and washes."

Anyway, yo ho ho, deadline for getting in Santa's sack is approaching, so if anyone is thinking of a present for their favourite Shrimper (which might be yourself) then:

CB7F0E8D-4863-45C4-9ED0-58D6D6B913AF (2).jpg

Nice curtains.

Stan's is with the club to give to him. Maybe they'll use it as part of his new remuneration package. Anyway, in the meantime you can be the pin up if you like. Don't suppose you have a Twitter following approaching one million yo =u can tweet it on?

The Shrimpers Trust receive a share of each sale so every sale is helping the Trust ultimately help the club/fans in the work that it does

Just for info, as I've been asked elsewhere, this is some World Retro blub re the shirt material which I hope gives all some reassurance: "They are made from high quality polyester. The shirts are made with a sublimation process, which embodies the ink into the depth of the material rather than printing just onto the surface. The effect of that is that the colour stays sharp and bright for years, and names and numbers retain their integrity regardless of the number of wears and washes."

Anyway, yo ho ho, deadline for getting in Santa's sack is approaching, so if anyone is thinking of a present for their favourite Shrimper (which might be yourself) then:

View attachment 17341
Awesome! Sponsor looks a bit too big, but they nailed the shirt pattern and collar.

Shirt looks very good. Sponsor logo does look a little bigger than the original but probably won't stop me.

Take my money (or more specifically my wife's as I'll recommend it as a Christmas present)

Nice curtains.

View attachment 17341
Twitter feed approaching a million I can’t even get the photo up the right way

I was nearly all in on the “Stan” shirt but that sponsor logo is way out of proportion, especially compared the mock up posted further back.

I was nearly all in on the “Stan” shirt but that sponsor logo is way out of proportion, especially compared the mock up posted further back.

Kenny, I note what you say, and whilst I think it looks ok I have instructed World Retro to reduce the Elonex logo size by 15% on all future orders from now so hopefully that will be sufficient for you to replace the order?

If when you get it you are not satisfied you can contact World Retro (or message me) and things will be sorted to your satisfaction. I've built up a good rapport with them now and any issues (which have been negligible to date) will get ironed out

Cheers

Just waiting for my order.

Any chance of reproducing the 1990 shirt that Martin Ling and David Crown wore? That was a great shirt!

Kenny, I note what you say, and whilst I think it looks ok I have instructed World Retro to reduce the Elonex logo size by 15% on all future orders from now so hopefully that will be sufficient for you to replace the order?

If when you get it you are not satisfied you can contact World Retro (or message me) and things will be sorted to your satisfaction. I've built up a good rapport with them now and any issues (which have been negligible to date) will get ironed out

Cheers
Good to hear!

Dear All,

First just to say that the Elonex logo size has been sorted for any new shirts leaving the factory from now. If you have received a shirt already with the over-sized logo and require a replacement it will be sorted free of charge, just email Paul Jago at World Retro on fans@world-retro.com with your details and he will ensure matters are sorted to your satisfaction and confirm to you by email. Customer service at WR really has been first-rate, sorting out these shirts (we are now up to nine, soon to be more, see below) is not easy but they make the whole process experience a good one and its great to know that if you ask something that it will be answered quickly and without fuss.

I'm actually seeing Paul at Argyle v Ipsh*te tomorrow (for anyone who has read my 'good book' you'll understand the Home Park affection, and the Ipsh*te non-affection). Having treated Paul a few weeks back to the delights of Torquay v Southend we have opted instead this time for a sell-out top of the table league match, I remember them .........

Anyway, and as I think hinted in a previous post, there will be two more Retro shirts added to the range very shortly, the 68/69 one and the 89/90 one, which I think responds well to requests for additional shirts. I'll confirm when available, just got to sort now SUEPA models for both.

Thanks for continued interest, these shirts are a good fund-raiser for the Trust (and so ultimately supporting the club) and I hope are providing folk with something they want which is of good quality and at a decent price

And as a little heads-up I understand from World Retro that they are having to increase prices from 1 Jan to partly offset a VAT cost impact for them (which they are partly absorbing) so any orders placed before then (needed by mid November to ensure delivery in tie for Xmas) will be at the lower current price. Yo ho ho

Do you have to go through the Trust website for them to get a slice of the pie, or can you go direct and the Trust still get a share of the sale regardless of how the shirt is purchased?

Do you have to go through the Trust website for them to get a slice of the pie, or can you go direct and the Trust still get a share of the sale regardless of how the shirt is purchased?

Very good question, but no you can go direct to the World Retro site if you like.

We only put them on the Trust site so that anyone viewing that for whatever reason can then see that amongst everything else we are making available the retro shirt range. But you don't have to go via it, we still get our pie slice for adding to the Trust funds to then use to support the club in various ways.

When I get the October reconciliation from WR I'll try and remember to let you all know how sales are going on all the shirts - Splat remains the most popular by far

Back