• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro Shirts - The Next Two - Vote Now

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
We are holding a poll to decide which Retro Shirts to make available next.

This follows on from the start of our hugely successful partnership with Chablais Sport at the end of last year with the launch of the 'Custard Splat' and '1980/81 Champions' shirts. Many of you asked if other shirts could be made available so now is your chance to decide which ones that might be.

We have selected six shirts from Southend United's history, 1963, 1968-69, 1976-78, 1985-86, 1994-95 and Wembley 2015.

set 1 all six.jpg

Further details including how to vote can be found on the Trust Website here.

A big thank you to all who voted in our recent poll to determine our next Retro Shirts offering. It was great to see so many people voting.

We are pleased to confirm that the 1976-78 and 1985-86 shirts, by some distance, received the most votes and so they will be selected. SUEPA models have been lined-up to launch them when ready!

retroshirtvotewinners01-250.jpg

It will take about a month to finalise everything, we will let you know as soon as they are on sale. As before there will be a full adult size range, junior shirts, a baby grow, and options to have either long or short sleeves and if required (at no extra cost) a name and number on the back.

A big thank you to all who voted in our recent poll to determine our next Retro Shirts offering. It was great to see so many people voting.

We are pleased to confirm that the 1976-78 and 1985-86 shirts, by some distance, received the most votes and so they will be selected. SUEPA models have been lined-up to launch them when ready!

It will take about a month to finalise everything, we will let you know as soon as they are on sale. As before there will be a full adult size range, junior shirts, a baby grow, and options to have either long or short sleeves and if required (at no extra cost) a name and number on the back.

Serious question - I assume the first team always wore a long sleeved version of the 76-78 shirt? I've seen Bobby Moore in a short-sleeved version of the 85-86 one but never seen a picture of anyone in a S-S version of the earlier one. Could someone confirm for me please?

Serious question - I assume the first team always wore a long sleeved version of the 76-78 shirt? I've seen Bobby Moore in a short-sleeved version of the 85-86 one but never seen a picture of anyone in a S-S version of the earlier one. Could someone confirm for me please?

I don't have any pictures, but I'm sure I remember them playing in short sleeves - 76 was the heatwave and they wouldn't have wanted long sleeves!

Slightly off of topic, but I was gently nudged into the Trust by Massimo Giovanni, can you help please:Unsure:
The builders broke my "Southend United supporters mug, not a cup"...
Clumsy of me to allow them a brew out of such a prestigious vessel I hear you say...true ...
Does the Trust still have any on the shelf ?
Could I order a couple if so....cheers in anticipation :Happy::Happy::Happy:

Slightly off of topic, but I was gently nudged into the Trust by Massimo Giovanni, can you help please:Unsure:
Clumsy of me to allow them a brew out of such a prestigious vessel I hear you say...true ...
Hi Harry, sorry to hear that you had some dodgy builders in :ROFL:

We still have the mugs, however we can't get to them just yet as they are locked away in the Shrimpers Bar at Roots Hall :Frustrated:

I will let you know when we have got hold of them and then you can but them online from the Trust Website :Thumbs up:

If you can wait that long, we are keeping our fingers crossed for Meet the Blues Day this year, where we always carry plenty of stock of that kind of thing.

Thanks to all for your help and guidance.

As I live in Hampshire and assuming fans will not be allowed in maybe until next season, I'm happy to wait until the mugs can be accessed and posted to me - much appreciate if you could message me when they become available.

Cheers :Clap::Clap::Clap:

I was going to start a thread for this but then I dug this out because it's on the same topic.

I'm not sure about the logistics of it but with everything that Stan is doing at the minute, I thought it'd be great if could show up next season [pandemic permitting] with something with Stan's name and number on it. Whether it benefits the trust or it ends up in the club shop now would be a great time for bring back the 1992 kit and a lack of a better term capitalise on the energy, and little sprouts of unity Stan has brought into the fan base. If on the first game of the season, multiples of supporters had shirts saying 'Colleymore 10' 20 years after you last played for us, I think it might show some of the gratitude we have at present.

Last edited:
I was going to start a thread for this but then I dug this out because it's on the same topic.

I'm not sure about the logistics of it but with everything that Stan is doing at the minute, I thought it'd be great if could show up next season [pandemic permitting] with something with Stan's name and number on it. Whether it benefits the trust or it ends up in the club shop now would be a great time for bring back the 1992 kit and a lack of a better term capitalise on the energy, and little sprouts of unity Stan has brought into the fan base. If on the first game of the season, multiples of supporters had shirts saying 'Colleymore 10' 20 years after you last played for us, I think it might show some of the gratitude we have at present.

I think @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset is already thinking along these lines and hopefully we'll be making an announcement soon.

Back