• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro SUFC shirt

shrimper4life

Manager
Says in the official website, they're bringing out a retro shirt from 1955 for the pre season friendly v norwich. Might have to get it.
cool.gif

Sounds like another good idea we should also look into bringing out a retro shirt of our 1st ever league season for the centenery season and then wear that for the whole campaign anyone else agree??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ June 14 2005,19:22)]Sounds like another good idea we should also look into bringing out a retro shirt of our 1st ever league season for the centenery season and then wear that for the whole campaign anyone else agree??
yer we should just like arsenal are going to next season

Doing a replica of this shirt would be great. The current retro-style one, available from http://www.toffs.co.uk/products/index.htm, is all very well, but we only wore blue and white stripes for one season.

Plus a certain other team from Essex wear blue and white stripes don't they
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 15 2005,10:24)]Doing a replica of this shirt would be great. The current retro-style one, available from http://www.toffs.co.uk/products/index.htm, is all very well, but we only wore blue and white stripes for one season.

rock.gif
I just received what is now one of my favourite SUFC related items in my collection: a mid-60's shirt... royal blue with white round-neck collar and white cuffs... and the old badge on a big white patch sewed on. Also have the number 9 sewn on the back.

biggrin.gif

The 1955 replica shirt will be a nice addition. Royal blue with white collar and white strip down the centre where the collar meets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 15 2005,09:30)]JP Pennypacker or Prof Van Nostrom James?
Professor Van Nostrom of course....

Giddyup!

Got season 4 yet?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 15 2005,09:29)]I just received what is now one of my favourite SUFC related items in my collection: a mid-60's shirt... royal blue with white round-neck collar and white cuffs... and the old badge on a big white patch sewed on. Also have the number 9 sewn on the back.
That sounds smart OS...where did you get it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 15 2005,09:39)]give me a chance, only came out on Monday!
wink.gif

I'll try to get it on Saturday, time permitting
Likewise, I'll hopefully pick it up over the weekend. I've still not quite finished the marathon that is the series 1-3! Couple of episodes still to go.

Hello Newman.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 15 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 15 2005,09:29)]I just received what is now one of my favourite SUFC related items in my collection: a mid-60's shirt... royal blue with white round-neck collar and white cuffs... and the old badge on a big white patch sewed on. Also have the number 9 sewn on the back.
I found it on ebay. The label is Traditional Soccer Company. I won the bidding at a snip of about 18 quid with stitched on number and p&p (I think it was about that).

Traditional Soccer Co. have a ebay store, so you may be able to email them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 15 2005,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 15 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
I found it on ebay. The label is Traditional Soccer Company. I won the bidding at a snip of about 18 quid with stitched on number and p&p (I think it was about that).

Traditional Soccer Co. have a ebay store, so you may be able to email them.
The link:

http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/ws....&sofp=0

Maybe they can help you?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 15 2005,09:24)]Doing a replica of this shirt would be great. The current retro-style one, available from http://www.toffs.co.uk/products/index.htm, is all very well, but we only wore blue and white stripes for one season.

rock.gif
Toffs haven't got a clue !

I ordered a blue and white striped shirt , white sleeves from them a few years ago. Told them it was the same as the West Brom kit of the time ie Dark blue, they insisted it wasn't and it was more like the Huddersfield shirt . Anyway, as I thought I had persuaded them I was right, I placed the order.
What arrived was wrong.....It looks more like col u than the one we wore in the late 60's

I have seen the odd navy and white striped shirt around the hall, but I have also seen a few like mine as well, so I wasn't the only order Toffs cocked up.

Back