• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Return of Jonathon Ross

MK Shrimper

Striker
Wossy returns to his TV programme this friday, no doubt suitably chastened for a few weeks, before it's the usual perving over female slebs and backslapping his celebrity mates.

I personally haven't missed him at all - I wasn't offended by his comments about Sachs or his granddaugher - but I think his talkshow was becoming dull.

I think the BBC should have cut him loose and sent him to Sky/C4 and tried something new, 'cos he aint worth £18M.

Thoughts?

He is very funny and should be knighted, i just hope they dont put to many restrictions. His first guest should have been Russell Brand!!!

Agree that his fee is completely over the top and a waste of our licence money.

However, I do think he is quite funny and it's a shame that Britain lost it's sense of humour over a joke which has cost us another comedian that is too scared to crack a gag that may actually make you laugh.

I've not missed him in the slightest, and have never found him overly funny. A bloke of his age relying on the F word for laughs, should seriously look at acting his age rather than his shoe size.

Agree with Firestorm that Live at the Apollo (Jo Brand aside) has been far more entertaining than listening to celebs wittering on about their latest book/album/film.

Ross is the finest chatshow host we have at the moment.

I'll let that sink in.

We must have a pretty epic derth of decent interviewers for that to be the case.

Ross is ok - hell he can be pretty funny, but like MK said, it gets boring him just interviewing his mates and making passes at attractive female celebs (and some of the male ones too). I am glad he's back though in the respect that he's not been driven out by the whole Sachs fiasco.

Whenever big stars from outside the UK appear on the Jonathan Ross show they always look at him in a 'who the f**k are you way'.

I don't hink he is big enough or funny enough to be worth the wage he is getting.

The whole point of his programme is to allow guests to promote their latest book or film. So we pay a fee to advertise their stuff. They should be paying us.

Jonathan Ross is an extraordinary ranconteur, easily as funny as Ben Elton's classic monologue about double seats on the train, if not even more so. A rare talent that everyone has missed whether they realise it or not. My life is now complete.

Haven't missed Ross (now live in Oz so don't get his show anyway - we get Parky instead!) but have missed Brand. His podcast was the highlight of my week.

When the Daily Mail has become the moral arbiter for the UK, it reminds me that I've made the right decision to emigrate.

Oh btw it's 30 degrees and sunny here. Off to the cricket this arvo....!!!!

The whole point of his programme is to allow guests to promote their latest book or film. So we pay a fee to advertise their stuff. They should be paying us.

Is it? If that is the case then how come he continually talks over them and doesn't let them get a word in? I get the impression that the whole point of his programme is so that he can massage his own ego.

Back