• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Revell failed to live up to expectations"

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
"Alex Revell has failed to live up to expectations," Chief Executive Geoffrey King told southendunited.co.uk.

"He was signed by the Football Club to deliver which he has not done and that is why he is moving on.

"Others may fall into the same catagory as we move forwards and rebuild the squad."

What on earth King? That's ridiculous. He was signed as someone to run down the defenders, we knew that's what he was. If you expected a striker to score every other game then you should have checked his record.

I notice how it's Geoffrey King quoted there and not Tilson, he's clearly not best pleased about it.

Man up and admit the clubs financially knackered King/Martin.

Seems to me, Fred, you're having a knee jerk reaction. King is a loyal servant of this club, and i demand he is shown some respect.

Not living upto expectations? Has Freedman? has Barnard? has Walker? has Betsy?

****ing ridiculous

Seems to me, Fred, you're having a knee jerk reaction. King is a loyal servant of this club, and i demand he is shown some respect.
:liar: :net:

I'm ****ed off now, we need to keep players, not let them go.

No King, he's moving on because we need to cut the wage bill at this cash strapped club of ours.

He's too injury prone. He hasn't set this league alight either IMO.

well he's been fit this season and scored 2 in 5, which extrapolates to over 18 goals, which seems like a very respectable return. His career has been stop start, but he's shown that with a run in the team and a decent pre-season he may (touch wood) have overcome his nagging injuries and hopefully will develop into the decent striker that Spurs obviously thought he could be

What a disgrace.

I wish King would bloody well leave for Swindon.

How dare a man who knows sweet FA about football make such a demeaning and morale-shattering public comment about a Southend player.

Revs was popular. Couple that with fears amongst the other players that they might be next in line, and watch team and club morale plunge into the darkest depths.

What a fantastic way to run a football club.

NOT.

total disgrace. Revell will go on as Hooper, Macdonald etc and score many goals. Good luck Revs!!!

What the hell is going on SUFC. Geoff Kings has got his head up his ***!!!

Anyone know if you can you get an rebates on season tickets at this stage of the season. Ive had enough!!!

Sorry to say this but King Out. He doesn't know what to say or when to say it. It's a shame to have to want someone out but that's the way i feel about him now.

He's not injury prone FFS! He came to us with a hernia operation already planned and he broke his leg in a match - hardly injury prone! Whenever he's had a decent spell in the team he's done the job and I am absolutely livid at the blatant lying for the reasons of his departure. If it says on the Swindon OS and in the Echo that the reasons are financial, why not just be man enough to own up to that fact rather than trying to blame Revs? Bloody Hell! Lee Barnard, Dougie Freedman, Francis Laurent, James Walker and Damian Scannell have all been far more injury prone yet I don't see them being forced out of the door.

He's not injury prone FFS! He came to us with a hernia operation already planned and he broke his leg in a match - hardly injury prone! Whenever he's had a decent spell in the team he's done the job and I am absolutely livid at the blatant lying for the reasons of his departure. If it says on the Swindon OS and in the Echo that the reasons are fiancial, why not just be man enough to own up to that fact rather than trying to blame Revs? Bloody Hell! Lee Barnard, Dougie Freedman, Francis Laurent, James Walker and Damian Scannell have all been far more injury prone yet I don't see them being forced out of the door.

Wow, love.. that is the first time... ever i agree with you, other than your chocolate cakes ;)

He's too injury prone. He hasn't set this league alight either IMO.

You can't be disappointed by Barnard. The others yes, but Barnard has been our most prolific goalscorer since Eastwood left. Yes he's injury prone but when he's fit he guarantees goals and he's started this season on fire. Goalscorers are hard to find at this level.

Back