• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hang on....

I play football every Wednesday night. I run for every single ball, I never shirk a tackle, I come every week with cuts and brusies, even if were 5-0 down I never stop fighting like my life depends upon it - Does that make me good enough to start up front.

As a striker goals talk. Revell has not delivered so some people are starting to question him. Is that so wrong?

Hang on....

I play football every Wednesday night. I run for every single ball, I never shirk a tackle, I come every week with cuts and brusies, even if were 5-0 down I never stop fighting like my life depends upon it - Does that make me good enough to start up front.

Its probably worth a go - doesnt sound like your defending is up to much

used to like a bit of barrets banter! dont get the echo down in these parts, just wondered if it was online wnywhere

Here is this weeks one (apologies if I'm not allowed to copy it word for word):

Our passing and moving game is good, but we need to start winning matches

Drawing games we should have won seems to be the story of the season so far and it was the same at Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday night.

I actually felt it was the best we have passed and moved the ball in our opening four games and we certainly had enough chances to win.

It's obviously disappointing that we haven't got a victory in the league yet.

But the performances have been good and hopefully we can beat Millwall at Roots Hall on Friday.

I love the home games on the eve of the weekend and I know the rest of the lads do as well.

The atmosphere is always good and I'm sure it will be again tomorrow because games with Millwall are always quite feisty.

They had a good season last year, just missing out on promotion in the play-offs, and are again doing well this time too.

I am likely to be up against Neil Harris and he's someone I know very well.

He is good mates with my brother and I must have known him for nearly 15 years now.

We all used to play Wembely over the park together and its quite funny how things have worked out and that we now both play in League One.

He's a good goalscorer and a nice guy so it will be a good battle against him and one I'm looking forward to.

But if there is a chance to kick him then of course I will!

Injury

I was feeling much better at Wycombe and my knee - which I injured during pre-season - is almost back to normal now.

I had to have it quite heavily strapped during the first two games but I don't need that now.

I feel much sharper and my movement is better which I'm delighted about.

It's improved even from Walsall at the weekend and I think I will hopefully be back to full fitness by next week.

Hull and back

We have seven games during the opening month of the season and five of them are away from home so the fixture list hasn't been to kind on us early on.

There has been a lot of traveling already and is plenty more still to come. We go to Hull City in the Carling Cup and then Swindon Town in the League.

The lads like to pass the time in different ways and many of them watch films. But there is a group of us who like to play Grand Theft Auto.

Simon Francis, Alan McCormack, Lee Barnard, Alex Revell and myself are the usual suspects and there is always plenty of banter flying around about it.

Back