• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

From the Blues Insider e-mail

REVELLING IN IT

Welcome to this weeks column of ‘Revelling In It’. Whilst I could talk about Saturday’s performance in detail again, sometimes words aren’t enough and it becomes time to let our feet do the talking, of which we are confident of doing so against Hereford here at Roots Hall on Saturday.

Instead I thought I’d offer you something different this week. I am regularly asked by people on the street what a day in the life of a pro-footballer is like, so now I’ll tell you.

Here is a breakdown of my life this Monday.

8.45 – I wake up and get ready for the day ahead. We’ve got the team photo today so I avoid my usual lie in until 9am!

9.30 – Arrive at the stadium ready for the team photo. Scrivs (Dave Scriven – Media Manager) is team photo orchestrator and is showing the signs of a little bit of stress! Needless to say there are a few fresh haircuts on show, apart from Macca’s of course as while people have had a trim for the occasion, he’s struggling to grow his any longer!

10.00 – I get to training and manage to grab a slice of toast with jam on it, as getting up five minutes early to make some at home was a bit of a struggle.

We all gather for a brief discussion with the gaffer and Paul Brush where we discuss the weekend’s game. It mainly highlights the fact that we didn’t get the rub of the green on Saturday, but these things even themselves out over the season and we’d rather have it happen now than come April time.

11.00 – Training begins. Today we had a real good and hard session which mainly consisted of the following:

* A brief session of ‘keep ball‘
* Highlighting the problems from Saturday’s match, and addressing them through a series of carefully planned drills
* Pattern play. Here we go through a variety of matchday scenarios which allow us to successfully go through the process automatically come the match
* 7 v 7 match. This was mainly played by those who took part in Saturday’s match, whilst those who didn’t helped the reserve team in preparation for their match against Wycombe yesterday.

13.45 – Training ends and we head inside to get some lunch. Monday means curry day and Chef Bev doesn’t disappoint!

This also gives us a chance to read the papers from the weekend’s game, and we find out that a relative of Cleveland Taylor’s writes for the Sun, or he must do as his goal was described as a twenty yard screamer on Saturday, somewhat debateable me thinks!

15.00 – We leave training around this time, and I head over the Franno’s (Simon Francis) house to chill for a bit before I do my chore that is the weekly shop.

16.30 – I hit Sainsbury’s hard, although I’m too lazy to make a list so I pretty much choose what I want to eat as well as a few DVDs and magazines! I get the feeling I might be visiting JS again before the week is out!

17.30 – I get home and get the hoover out (yes you did hear correctly!)

17.32 – Finished hoovering, time for Neighbours!

18.00 – Time for dinner. I cook up a culinary delight tonight for me and the missus– a pork chop drizzled in honey, accompanied by roasted vegetables and fondant potatoes (that’s roast potatoes for those without a cultured palette!). This isn’t just a pork chop, this is an Alex Revell pork chop!

Then it’s time for the usual Monday night mix of a soap, followed by another soap, another soap, followed by Dragon’s Den – can’t beat it!

22.30 – I hit the bed to watch the US Open Final between Andy Murray and Roger Federer. After about 20 minutes it’s blatantly obvious that the boy isn’t going to win so I turn the tele off and go to sleep, ready for whatever Tilly has in store for us tomorrow.

As ever, up the Blues!

Revs

Nice post. Seems like I missed my vocation in life. Sounds like a right doss!

LOL! Revell is quality, I hope to see more of these emails soon. :)

Scrivs (Dave Scriven – Media Manager) is team photo orchestrator and is showing the signs of a little bit of stress!

Wonder what these signs were?

Maybe some grey hairs? Perhaps a few new lines on the forehead? Maybe it is taken as read and is literally a great big sandwich board displaying a sign saying 'a little bit of stress'?

Great column though, that's up there with Drewe's notes from the LDV Trophy Final programme.

Is there an Alex Revell Writers Appreciation Society group I can sign up to?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pubey
REVELLING IN IT

Welcome to this weeks column of ‘Revelling In It’. Whilst I could talk about Saturday’s performance in detail again, sometimes words aren’t enough and it becomes time to let our feet do the talking, of which we are confident of doing so against Hereford here at Roots Hall on Saturday.

Instead I thought I’d offer you something different this week. I am regularly asked by people on the street what a day in the life of a pro-footballer is like, so now I’ll tell you.

Here is a breakdown of my life this Monday.

8.45 – I wake up and get ready for the day ahead. We’ve got the team photo today so I avoid my usual lie in until 9am! I chuckle to myself at the thought.

9.30 – Arrive at the stadium ready for the team photo. Scrivs (Dave Scriven – Media Manager) is team photo orchestrator and is showing the signs of a little bit of stress! Needless to say there are a few fresh haircuts on show, apart from Macca’s of course as while people have had a trim for the occasion, he’s struggling to grow his any longer! This makes me laugh.

9.45 - Macca farts just as Dave Scriven takes the photograph. This makes me laugh. Walker sniffs it first and Granty wants to know what's happening.

10.00 – I get to training and manage to grab a slice of toast with jam on it, as getting up five minutes early to make some at home was a bit of a struggle.

We all gather for a brief discussion with the gaffer and Paul Brush where we discuss the weekend’s game. It mainly highlights the fact that we didn’t get the rub of the green on Saturday, but these things even themselves out over the season and we’d rather have it happen now than come April time.

Dave Scriven walks past cursing about something. I ask him what's up. He says "Those whingers on ShrimperZone are going to moan themselves silly. I pushed the fish-eye button and it's distorted the picture. Macca's the only one smiling". He tells me I look a little depressed in the photo.
This makes me laugh.

11.00 – Training begins. Today we had a real good and hard session which mainly consisted of the following:

* A brief session of ‘keep ball‘. Macca seems ready to start running about again until Granty goes in over-the-ball and puts him out of the session. I chuckle a little bit and then fall about laughing.
* Highlighting the problems from Saturday’s match, and addressing them through a series of carefully planned drills
* Pattern play. Here we go through a variety of matchday scenarios which allow us to successfully go through the process automatically come the match
* 7 v 7 match. This was mainly played by those who took part in Saturday’s match, whilst those who didn’t helped the reserve team in preparation for their match against Wycombe yesterday.

13.45 – Training ends and we head inside to get some lunch. Monday means curry day and Chef Bev doesn’t disappoint! We laugh about this.

This also gives us a chance to read the papers from the weekend’s game, and we find out that a relative of Cleveland Taylor’s writes for the Sun, or he must do as his goal was described as a twenty yard screamer on Saturday, somewhat debateable me thinks! This makes me laugh.

15.00 – We leave training around this time, and I head over the Franno’s (Simon Francis) house to chill for a bit before I do my chore that is the weekly shop.

16.30 – I hit Sainsbury’s hard, although I’m too lazy to make a list (lol) so I pretty much choose what I want to eat as well as a few DVDs and magazines! I get the feeling I might be visiting JS again before the week is out!

17.30 – I get home and get the hoover out (yes you did hear correctly!)

17.32 – Finished hoovering, time for Neighbours which is always great for a giggle. LOL.

18.00 – Time for dinner. I cook up a culinary delight tonight for me and the missus– a pork chop drizzled in honey, accompanied by roasted vegetables and fondant potatoes (that’s roast potatoes for those without a cultured palette!). This isn’t just a pork chop, this is an Alex Revell pork chop! Me and the missus have a good old chuckle.

Then it’s time for the usual Monday night mix of a soap, followed by another soap, another soap, followed by Dragon’s Den – can’t beat it! That ex-Millwall chairman is so funny.

22.30 – I hit the bed to watch the US Open Final between Andy Murray and Roger Federer. After about 20 minutes it’s blatantly obvious that the boy isn’t going to win so I turn the tele off and go to sleep, ready for whatever Tilly has in store for us tomorrow.

As ever, up the Blues!

Chuckle.

Revs
This is what he wrote before Scrivs got his hands on it...

;)

Last edited:
So, hits the sack before midnight and usually rises at 9am. I'll remember that next time I see him looking a little tired during a game. Not sure if this is the best way to endear himself to the "working man".

Great stuff! Hope he can get on Saturday as I thought he was doing alright before being dumped out the side.

Barney and Freedman have got to be the main 2 for now though, but Freedman and Revs could be a good 'little and large' act!

So our players (who are professional athletes) are eating cooked breakfasts and curries while training?

What next? Donner meat and chips?

It's no wonder we are in the relegation zone.

Perhaps 'Revs' should be a little less candid.

Last edited:
Back