• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mfurok

Manager⭐
Having seen all of the pre season matches that were not played behind closed doors, the stand out three players were Yearwood, McGlashan and White.

I wonder how many of them will play on Saturday?

Having seen all of the pre season matches that were not played behind closed doors, the stand out three players were Yearwood, McGlashan and White.

I've got JW and McGlashan in my starting line-up. I plumped for Timlin's experience over Yarwood. If PB needs any help selecting the starting 11 I am available on a consultancy level.

Yearwood will come on for Timlin with 5 minutes left or 10 minutes if we're losing, McGlashan will come on for McLaughlin with 20 minutes left and White for Kiernan after 60 minutes ........

but out that would mean Fortune playing 90 minutes .......

It's no surprise they stood out because they had something to play for. McGlashan is backup wing, White backup defence and Yearwood a talented youth.

I'm glad McGlashan has the bit between his teeth because he's shown he's a very effective sub

I can see Yearwood starting. You don't give a youngster a 4 year contract if you don't think he can cut the mustard.

Lets hope he brings in 10 million in the future :thumbsup:

I've got JW and McGlashan in my starting line-up. I plumped for Timlin's experience over Yarwood. If PB needs any help selecting the starting 11 I am available on a consultancy level.

..... I think Yarwood could create an impression.

I can see Yearwood starting. You don't give a youngster a 4 year contract if you don't think he can cut the mustard.

Lets hope he brings in 10 million in the future :thumbsup:

I'd rather have him lead us to glory in Europe but each to their own. :winking:

Totally agree on Yearwood. Like I said on the pre-match thread, there's no point having competition for places if good performances don't get rewarded. I like Timlin and he can definitely still do a job, but he's a squad player for me and I think his best years are probably behind him.

Yearwood has outshone Timlin in pre-season and although we're talking about an experienced 32 year old vs an inexperienced 17 year old, he would still get the nod for me. I guess it comes down to Yearwood's mindset though, if Brown thinks he can handle the pressure then he may start, but I don't see him starting if Brown senses he's a bit too nervy, especially against the title favourites on the opening game of the season.

Yearwood and mcglashan has to start for me .
Tims- I thought he would have to serve some sort of ban for that red

I wouldn't be surprised to see White start, either at CB if he doesn't think Kiernan is fit enough, or at full back to try and add some steel to our flanks. Demetriou and Hendrie are both quite attacking full backs.

It's not just about rewarding pre-season, it's about dealing with a very strong opposition. We will be on the back foot a lot tomorrow. Personally I think Timlin with all his experience will be better equipped to deal with Dack and co, he's still got that work ethic and speed over the first ten yards that harries the opposition and forces mistakes. Yearwood should start against Newport. He's 17 and is totally untested in competitive first-team football. Ease him in.

With the signing of Kiernan the defence picks itself.

The front two are going to be cox an MAF.

It's the central midfield that will be interesting. I agree that if a player is good enough he should start. That said it's a very big game to make your pro debut.

One for is for sure is that we have not produced a youth capable of getting a start in such a game for his debut at 17 in as long as I can remember. Very excited to see what this player is capable of.

Still think Brown will play Timlin though.

I just hope Lenny embraces the fact that he is now here to stay and plays as he can. His performances and body language have not been good.

IMO White is a better player than Demitriou - much more reliable defensively and with Hendrie on the left and Atkinson gone , he is what we need.

I imagine Yearwood will start against Newport and possibly Ba aswell. Think they both might come on against Rovers at some point.

Big question is if its White or Kiernan alongside Anton.

I imagine Yearwood will start against Newport and possibly Ba aswell. Think they both might come on against Rovers at some point.

Big question is if its White or Kiernan alongside Anton.

By the sounds of Kiernan's interview in the Echo he is not fit enough to start.

By the sounds of Kiernan's interview in the Echo he is not fit enough to start.

I think he is fit enough as he has been training, however he wont be match fit. Personally I think he will start, and depending on how the game goes will play 90 minutes. You can't spend that long bringing someone of his class and then start him on the bench.

White may come on later in the game as an additional defender if we need to shut up shop and hold onto a lead.

I also think its too big a game for Yearwood. Newport is ideal for him, but I dont think him and Lenny would be ideally suited together. Anyone know how far Woody is off from being available?

Tims- I thought he would have to serve some sort of ban for that red

What red? The one in the friendly doesn't count in the leagues eyes and would be at the discretion of the club if they felt it warranted a ban. Can't see us doing that if a) we're struggling for numbers and b) Brown thought the red card was uneccessary (which he did)

Reading the Rangers forum, he's not that good that we would want to bring him into the side lacking match fitness. I expect it will be JW and AF lining up.

I am sure Phil Brown wont take into account what the Rangers fans on various forums think in choosing his starting eleven. :stunned:

Back