• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours RH Safety Certificates Not Renewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen a few posts of social media suggesting the there will be no fans at our home games for the foreseeable future as Ron has not got the safety certificates for RH renewed. Anyone got any idea if this is true?

On Social Media?

Pinch of salt then as I don't think we could play at all without a certificate? I think Ron said it cost £300k last time

Wouldn't surprise me if this is true.Ron wouldn't take much money if he opened up RH with limited 2000 capacity as he already got ST money all be it currently held by Lloyds Bank

No update from the club since last week. Most clubs have been posting on twitter etc about how excited they are to have fans back etc. Southend twitter 50% off pizzas or maybe a new BMW.

OK we are not at home this week so maybe not as urgent, but an update would be nice.

Reactions: ESG
most clubs will make a loss the cambridge chairman on tv said he has 1 steward for every 25 fans he wont make any money but wants fans in the ground , he sounds very happy to have fans in . can`t see chairman ron being happy to have us back if he`s going to loose money over it [ that`s not how he operates ]

Have seen a few posts of social media suggesting the there will be no fans at our home games for the foreseeable future as Ron has not got the safety certificates for RH renewed. Anyone got any idea if this is true?
The thing about social media is that some on it also thought 5G technology was the cause of Covid 19. Social media has it's place in society but it shouldn't become the defacto base for facts.

The thing about social media is that some on it also thought 5G technology was the cause of Covid 19. Social media has it's place in society but it shouldn't become the defacto base for facts.

Social media should be burnt to the ground and banned forever. Not an over reaction at all ? but I can’t see it does any good at all.

Feel sorry for kids growing up with it tbh.

Point taken however we learn and find out more about our club on social media than anywhere else. People find out about Ron's lies and air it on there and to be honest a huge amount of rumours come on to be true. For me, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the health & certificate hasn't bee dealt with in order to save the 200-300k Ron has said previously. BUT he's happily taken season ticket money of fans knowing this fact. It all stinks but if anything, i'd be more surprised if I find out that we actually do have the certificate, such is the state of ours club.

Calling bull**** such that there was numerous posts from the club saying 'We can't wait to have you back'

I was thinking about this the other day.

Assuming we have 2,000 fans in and probably most of those will be season card holders. Perhaps 300 tickets available at roughly £20 a pop (Average inc Kids) that's at best £6k ticket income. Are the club allowed to open the bars/food outlets etc?....even if they do how many will actually buy anything, income from that negligible. Programmes, again not many buy them, will they even be allowed to be sold?. Few items shifted in the club shop etc. All in all not a money maker at all. Then you add in the costs of opening the ground, stewards, staff, gas, electric, emergency services, covid certificate (If its even been achieved!) various costs for covid items around the ground like signage and sanitiser etc etc. Then its clear to see just by opening up RH with only 2,000 fans it will most likely be a loss maker.

Completely agree re social media but can't help thinking this could be true. I re-read the club statement a few days after the initial announcement and it does say we would be back asap. Had my doubts since then when it would actually be.

I've heard other clubs chairmen syaing it will cost them money to just have 2000 fans in considering nearly all of them will be season card holders who've already paid. So I doubt Ron's in any rush to open the gates.

Yep just heard 280 tickets available for Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Col u matches.
As well as the current season ticket holders obviously.

280 tickets going on sale on Monday to season tickets holders from last season that didn't renew this year.

Wonder how many Season Ticket Holders we have that live in Kent or other tier 3 areas and won't be allowed to attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back