• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rhys Ellingham chat

Agreed... The players should be miserable, hate going to RH and pick a new fan or two as scapegoats each week.
No let’s all be happy to get beat every week, loads of injuries and the usual excuses for the fans. I think we should also sing kumbiya my Lord after each game linking hands on a big group walk to the nearest church to say a prayer because that is the only way I can see us getting 3 points at the moment.

the atmosphere should be heavy for a team in our position but also professional and head strong to get us out of this dangerous hole we are in now otherwise we’ll be smiling our way to the conference but with a hat full of bull**** belief of course.

I’m not happy that we lose. The point I’m making is that we are 6 games in, we were unlucky not to get three points against Cheltenham and that a new manager will take time to get things working the way he wants.
MM has inherited a difficult situation. I think there is a greater professionalism emerging and when you compare the way the manager comes across to Bond and Campbell, it’s a breath of fresh air.
Maybe you were expecting 18 points? I think the squad will get better, we will consolidate and things will improve.

I’m not happy that we lose. The point I’m making is that we are 6 games in, we were unlucky not to get three points against Cheltenham and that a new manager will take time to get things working the way he wants.
MM has inherited a difficult situation. I think there is a greater professionalism emerging and when you compare the way the manager comes across to Bond and Campbell, it’s a breath of fresh air.
Maybe you were expecting 18 points? I think the squad will get better, we will consolidate and things will improve.

I don't think anyone is.Which is why It gives me no joy to predict two away defeats for us next week.

Lets all be honest with ourselves ,we all expected this to be a long hard season , a season where we will be rebuilding ,from the ground up, still a long way to go ,just to avoid relegation to me will be a win /win situation, bear with it fellas , i believe we have the right management team in place now ,just give MM and his team time, the next window in January will be the most important one this season ,a win or 3 will come and players confidence will return, patience by the supporters is required ,get behind the players and management .Theres always going to be gliches along the way ,most of these lads are young and still learning their trade in a very robust league.

In a parallel universe Martin could have opted for an experienced out of work manager who would have filled the gaps by bringing in a few old sweats who knew their way around the division. And still lost the first few games, cf Bolton. Only time will tell if either policy works out well but one thing is sure, it is going to be a long hard winter and maybe for the season to be voided might be our best hope of survival.

"Lets all be honest with ourselves ,we all expected this to be a long hard season"

With the honourable exception of Shrimpet Steve, of course.....:Smile:

Took my flags down to RH today and Rhys was the one that showed us into the ground. He seemed a really decent bloke and was happy to talk.
- Mecca and white very close
- Lennon needs a small op, has a blood flow issue to his foot of the leg that he broke and as a result his foot goes numb. Apparently a minor op that will keep him out for around 4 weeks

So Lennon has an excuse, but what about the rest that seem to have numb feet when trying to pass or shoot !

I'm hoping - for your sanity - you meant Exeter.

when you're in the sort of downward spiral we've been in for around 2 years, not just bad form but all the financial stuff, injuries, just everything that could go wrong does, its like trying to turn an oil-tanker round in a narrow river. Its not a 3 point turn, more like a 20 point turn. Takes time and won't happen overnight. MM has proved at a level frightenningly close to ours currently that he can take a basket-case club and turn it around by sticking to his plan and principles. There'll be plenty of set-backs like Cheltenham, and it won't be a fun season (again), but I personally believe he'll keep us in this division this season, probably in the bottom 7 or 8, but I'll take that. Then next season if the EFL still exists & we still exist, I think we'll start to rise again.

Why does there have to be blame? New manager, new ideas, new philosophy. Will take time.
We don't have time. We're 40 games away from non league. We don't have any strikers. We have a manager and a bunch of PE teachers. All well and good they're still in the office until 10pm but if they're spending it watching Derry Girls it's a worry.

Two points from six games. We don't create chances. We don't have shots on targets. Our best defender needs an operation and has never played more than 15 games a season. Our right back has been the worst player in the league.

What is the philosophy? Short passing then launch the ball forward to a striker who isn't strong, can't score goals and had been ****canned from the club prior to the start of the season?

Or Jason can hit another 25 yard first time pass that doesn't reach anyone. Or let's hit another cross-field pass to a five foot winger.

Apart from Kyle Taylor we don't have any good players who perform regularly and make an actual difference in a game.

Time? It's game over.

In a parallel universe Martin could have opted for an experienced out of work manager who would have filled the gaps by bringing in a few old sweats who knew their way around the division. And still lost the first few games, cf Bolton. Only time will tell if either policy works out well but one thing is sure, it is going to be a long hard winter and maybe for the season to be voided might be our best hope of survival.

They wouldn't have been able to though as we still would have been under a transfer embargo and they would have had the exact same restrictions and troubles MM is having to deal with.

when you're in the sort of downward spiral we've been in for around 2 years, not just bad form but all the financial stuff, injuries, just everything that could go wrong does, its like trying to turn an oil-tanker round in a narrow river. Its not a 3 point turn, more like a 20 point turn. Takes time and won't happen overnight.

Trouble is it'll take us a season to amass those 20 points....

We don't have time. We're 40 games away from non league.
Could be a lot closer than 40 games. We are only on course for 15 points, in total this season. Bit like last season though of course we did see a 'small' improvement.
Need to start winning games now before it gets an impossible task again.

Could be a lot closer than 40 games. We are only on course for 15 points, in total this season. Bit like last season though of course we did see a 'small' improvement.
Need to start winning games now before it gets an impossible task again.
I wonder if ron will give it 20 games then seek to employ ex premier league and England star sol Cambell and Andy Cole ??

As i have already stated ,the January transfer window will be so important to us ,it could probably be the most important transfer window in our history, im sure up until then MM and his team will be identifying some possible targets. and RM will be attempting to find the funds with which to buy some of these targets.

Took my flags down to RH today and Rhys was the one that showed us into the ground. He seemed a really decent bloke and was happy to talk.

- loves MM and all his team. Great guy and the most hardworking he has known at the club. Often still at the training ground until 10-11pm
- total belief that he is the right man for the job and he will get things right
- said there a good feel factor around the club again
Wonder how the feel good factor is now? Bet the players had a right old knees up on the coach, on the way home.

Wonder how the feel good factor is now? Bet the players had a right old knees up on the coach, on the way home.

Indeed and to think that was only a few weeks ago. Majority of the fan base were behind MM as well, pretty certain it is the other way round now

Back