• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Rhys Murphy signs

Is this the most active Sounthend have been in the transfer market ahead of the new season. Usually we only start get the hint of signings half way through pre-season.

We've got it all going on early doors which should hopefully mean the new signings gel into the squad quite quickly.

Well done to everyone at the club for being proactive rather than reactive. Hopefully they have a keeper lined up for when Oxley goes.

Is this the most active Sounthend have been in the transfer market ahead of the new season. Usually we only start get the hint of signings half way through pre-season.

We've got it all going on early doors which should hopefully mean the new signings gel into the squad quite quickly.

Well done to everyone at the club for being proactive rather than reactive. Hopefully they have a keeper lined up for when Oxley goes.

Yup, really is refreshing and (on paper) really good signings for us at the moment too, despite the nay-sayers who are never happy.

Wonder how much of this is down to;

1) Stans involvement
2) The CEO
3) Phil pushing for them
4) Ron getting a wake up call

I would guess, bit of each...

That's a bit of a relief. The longer 'close to signing' dragged out the more I was thinking something might go wrong.

Very pleased to have a goalscorer.

Yup, really is refreshing and (on paper) really good signings for us at the moment too, despite the nay-sayers who are never happy.

Wonder how much of this is down to;

1) Stans involvement
2) The CEO
3) Phil pushing for them
4) Ron getting a wake up call

I would guess, bit of each...
I think you're right, I do think number 4 is the biggest one. Ron cannot afford for us to be a non league side long term as fossets is still pie in the sky.

I think you're right, I do think number 4 is the biggest one. Ron cannot afford for us to be a non league side long term as fossets is still pie in the sky.

I would say point 3) is probably high up there, based on what PB was saying before he signed - I expect he wanted the club to move early in the transfer market and not having to pick up leftovers

Rhys was a massive success at Chelmsford City with almost a goal a game record. That was also at a higher level than Goodships goals. He gets goals wherever he goes, looks a decent signing.

Back