• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rhys Murphy

He is an absolutely irritating player for opposition defenders to cope with. He's like an angry wasp, but he scores goals and I'd rather he did it for us than someone else. I hate to say this, but well done Phil Brown for getting him in, and Dalby for that matter. On the Altrincham Fans board they were whinging about his antics and also admitted that they would love to have him in their team. So I'll put up with his diving and whinging at the ref as long as he keeps finding the net.

Agree we’re lucky to have a natural goal scorer for the first time in a while who seems to know how to be in the right place at the right time. The problem is if a game goes by when he doesn’t score the contribution in other ways looks a bit limited and people want to see a bit more. That’s not what he’s here for though so not an advocate for dropping him.

I want a striker who can get 20 a season and is happy to pose with the kids outside Sainsburys (after I've had the chance to inspect the contents of his bag to ensure he's being a bastion of good health).

If he isn't willing to do both things he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

Sometimes I think if he stopped moaning and whining at the ref and stayed on his feet more he would score even more than he does.

He is a real irritation to opposing defences though and should score 20 goals this season

I want a striker who can get 20 a season and is happy to pose with the kids outside Sainsburys (after I've had the chance to inspect the contents of his bag to ensure he's being a bastion of good health).

If he isn't willing to do both things he can do one as far as I'm concerned.
Swap Sanners for Aldi and a bag full of Galahad and I’m in

Last time we had a strike force that both scored double digits was 2012/13 when we had Tomlin (16), Assombalonga (16), and Corr (13).

Hopper was unlucky in 2017/18 as he got 7 from 14 games before getting injured, with Cox getting 16 that season.

Problem is we have a midfield and defence that aren't very threatening going forwards so we are heavily reliant on the front two.

Last time we had a strike force that both scored double digits was 2012/13 when we had Tomlin (16), Assombalonga (16), and Corr (13).

Hopper was unlucky in 2017/18 as he got 7 from 14 games before getting injured, with Cox getting 16 that season.

Problem is we have a midfield and defence that aren't very threatening going forwards so we are heavily reliant on the front two.

I think I said it last season, we haven't had goals from centre backs (at corners/set pieces) or much from midfield. Every position needs to chip in!

Back