• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard Brown. R.I.P

I had a message from Rhys at the club late last evening which reads as follows:

Evening John, hope you’re well. Terrible news regarding Richard, top bloke gone way too soon. Just got off the phone to the management team who have seen the news & they want to make a donation to the funeral. We also want to put a page in the programme for the Barrow game for him and include his name on the squad list on the back.

Top work by the club and a very deserving tribute to Rich. I am on the case to get this sorted.

I had a message from Rhys at the club late last evening which reads as follows:

Evening John, hope you’re well. Terrible news regarding Richard, top bloke gone way too soon. Just got off the phone to the management team who have seen the news & they want to make a donation to the funeral. We also want to put a page in the programme for the Barrow game for him and include his name on the squad list on the back.

Top work by the club and a very deserving tribute to Rich. I am on the case to get this sorted.

Touch of class and a fitting tribute for Rich.

A gentle man amongst gentlemen. A truly lovely guy who was so kind to me when I started travelling with the SOL guys during the early days of my divorce. His niece and nephew were JBs and he sometimes brought them along to events, we'd always see him at the front of the East Reds when we did the flags with the JBs and say hello.

I saw on Christmas Eve that he posted he'd got the worst Christmas present ever having tested positive for Covid.

RIP Big Rich.

Always great to have Big Rich aboard traveling to away games over many years and chatting with him at social gatherings. A gentle giant with a heart to match.

Didn't know him that well as I don't travel on the coaches to away games, but have seen him at the games of course

however that said it's sad and upsetting to read about any Blues fan leaving this troubled world too early RIP Young Sir

The words say it all. Always the good ones. A gentleman who will be missed by so many. Our loss is heaven's gain. RIP

As so many have said, gone far too soon. Condolences to all the family. Rest easy big fella.

Back