• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Richard Taylor Signs for Southend - 18YO centre half

Welcome to the club Richard! If last year is anything to go by, don't rule out lots of first team appearances this coming season! :Thumbs up::Footballer:

Sounds good. 18 year old with some non-league loan experience and good academy background. Sounds like he's impressed us over the past couple of weeks.

Nobody predicted this on the summer transfer thread which just shows what a ****ing waste of time it is.

Probably young enough to see the new ground before he retires.............maybe not !

Exactly the sort of signing we should be making.

Isaac Hutchinson and Michaal Klass (and Lewis Gard?) were similar youth signings and whilst strictly not "one of ours" it is great to see them breaking into the team.

I would much rather this approach than say Peterborough's of spending money on expensive starlets, which will most likely be shipped on (up or down) in a season or two.

If Ricky Duncan sees something in him then that’s me sold, hopefully he can kick on and feature similar to Hutchinson and Klass last season

Yes very good news, I dont quite see it as our first signing as it not much different to extending the Youth contracts we have, and he has been here for 3 months and I read about it when he first came.
PS the majority of Peterboroughs signings were loans and freebies although yes they have been prepared to lay out the cash, just as we have.

Richard looks as if hes just had a moment where hes imagined Ricky in a Santa Claus outfit to match the beard and didnt fancy the sitting on the lap routine for a sweetie

Exactly the sort of signing we should be making.

Isaac Hutchinson and Michaal Klass (and Lewis Gard?) were similar youth signings and whilst strictly not "one of ours" it is great to see them breaking into the team.

I would much rather this approach than say Peterborough's of spending money on expensive starlets, which will most likely be shipped on (up or down) in a season or two.

Kyprianou is probably the example you are looking for instead of Gard.

I think Gard's brother was also in our youth set up.

Back