• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richmond By-election.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-37885035

Labour announce their candidate for the Richmond by-election on December 1st.

"The only way to send a message to this government that we do not accept what they are doing to our country is to vote Labour," he said.

He's right you know.

Lib dems are the only party who have a chance of winning the Richmond by-election. Too close to call between Sarah Olney and Zac Goldsmith.

Take your head out of your arse will you. Labour couldn't win Richmond if they were the only party standing.

a slight exaggeration, Mr angry lorry driver, if I may say so. There must be at least one labour voter in Richmond ...........probably.

"The only way to send a message to this government that we do not accept what they are doing to our country is to vote Labour," he said.

He's right you know.
Don't know about that. Personally, I think FedEx-ing a box of dog**** to no.10 would be a better message of dissatisfaction than voting Labour right now.

In Richmond the Lib Dems have more policies that appeal to the locals than Zac does. Libs and Zac are both anti Heathrow so Zac trying to make it a one policy election is disingenuous.

As he has not faced the electorate since he voted Leave and since he ran an appalling Mayoral campaign it's not surprising he wants to only focus on Heathrow.

As the vast majority of his constituents voted Remain they may well look at that as something to sway their vote. Why vote for Independent anti-Heathrow Zac when Tory anti-Heathrow Zac had no influence on government policy?

The Lib Dem and Labour difference on EU is mainly that Lib Dems favour a 2nd referendum whereas Labour look to back the last referendum result but hold the government to account so they don't make a hash of it. Richmond Remainers may look at those two approaches. For me calling for a 2nd referendum is too divisive and it is more likely to come about because the government will make a mess of trying to implement the June result.

Tories not fielding a candidate - I understand the reasoning but in my mind Zac has turned his back on the party and if they field a candidate and neither their's nor Zac gets in then that is his doing. The signal they are sending is that they will allow a Tory MP to turn their back on the party and just carry on as if it hasn't happened.

Take your head out of your arse will you. Labour couldn't win Richmond if they were the only party standing.

They are certainly the only party of principle standing.

Giving voters, who (perhaps reluctantly, like me) support the idea of a third runway at Heathrow, a genuine choice of candidate rather than the nimbys.who will vote for Goldsmith or the Lib Dems.

Back